two.

I wasn't too sure how long the early afternoon sunlight had been shining into my bedroom before it found its way to my face; nor did I know how long it took me to become aware of it. Bringing my hands up from my sides, I rubbed at my heavy eyes and began to open them. The sun was bright, making each corner of the room vulnerable to its strong rays.

The thought of going back to sleep for the rest of the day was very appealing, and if it wasn't for the extremely loud bangs on my door I probably would've been asleep again within five minutes.

"Isabelle, it's almost 12 in the afternoon!" My mum's voice snapped through the shut door.

I rolled my eyes at her statement. "Shit really? Are you telling me it's not night time?" The sarcasm rolled off my tongue like it was my second language, it technically was. I found humour in sarcasm, especially when people asked stupid questions or made obvious comments. There was just something about their reaction that made me laugh more than I should of.

"You can't stay in there all day." Her annoyed tone brought me back from my thoughts. Without answering, I swung my legs out from under the covers and down the side of the bed, bringing myself up to a sitting position. Being used to the cold weather back in England, it felt nice to have sunbeams warm my bare skin.

Using my hands, I hoisted myself off the comfy mattress and stood up straight. I lumbered to the sliding door, my body not yet fully awake. The scenery outside was actually quite picturesque. The sun was high in the sky, a large lake spread across most of the ground, while other houses where dotted here and there all around it.

"Shit!" I realized I was still only in my underwear, meaning if anyone could see me they were currently having a full view of my half naked body. I half sidestepped, half hopped out of the window frame, my cheeks turning hot from embarrassment.

Opening one of my many suitcases, I rooted for some pyjamas, stumbling across a decent pair. I pulled the shirt over my head, and stepped into my shorts, proceeding to make my way downstairs. The air was thick with the smell of bacon and coffee, it was my favourite thing to wake up to and my brother knew it. There was already a bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee placed on the kitchen island.

"Morning" Alex beamed, he was sat on one of the high stools, his sandwich half eaten.

I grunted at his positivity. "How are you such a morning person?"

"It's the afternoon Belle" I glanced up at the clock on the wall, the small hand pointing half way between 11 and 12, the big hand resting on the 10.

"Technically, it's not." I motioned a finger towards the wall, causing Alex to let out a forced laugh.

I joined him at the counter, taking a large bite out of my sandwich, which may I add, was made to perfection. Alex was a good cook. Whenever my mum went out with her boyfriend, he made us good meals. He was a bit of a health freak, meaning he ate properly, which rubbed off on me. Although if the opportunity was to ever arise, I could easily and happily devour a whole pizza to myself.

I began to study the new house, taking in all of the open space. To the left of the kitchen were large sliding doors, which lead out to a wooden patio holding a long table with chairs. All around the patio was outside cooking equipment, along with a barbecue. In front of me, was a living room, there was a large TV and a coffee table, and a rounded sofa. Past this living room, I noticed a door. I jumped off my seat and ventured towards it, peeping my head around the corner. Another living room? It was the same kind of sofa as the other, except this time there was no TV. On the opposite side of the room was a row of ground to ceiling windows, allowing in more light than necessary.