Happy New Year!!! - A ONE-SHOT

Finn's POV -

I have known Y/N for a while now, we have been friends since the start. I don't know how to tell her I have actually developed feelings for her, because I'm the Finn Wolfhard and I'm just not normal I guess you could say.

I know that it's a dumb reason to not tell her, but there is literally no way to tell a person that you like them when you're famous and they're not.

I can't say that she's ordinary and I'm extraordinary because that's not true at all. Y/N is the most amazing girl ever. She has a personality like no other. Her laugh and smile make everyone melt, her dance moves and singing voice make everyone else want to burst into spontaneous song and dance, almost like High School Musical. (*wink* *wink* @/truefans)

There isn't a single flaw, Y/N is perfect. Perfect for me.

I just don't know how to tell her.

I'm still going to invite her over to watch the ball drop with me. I reach for my phone and shoot Y/N a text.

Finn - Hey

Y/N - Hiiiiiiiiya :)

Finn - I was wondering if you wanted to come hang and watch the ball drop w/ me?

Y/N - Hmmmm

Y/N - Of course!!! See you in 5 <3

Finn - Ok! <3

We always send hearts, it's nothing new. You love your best friends. To bad that's all we will ever be.

- 5 minutes later -

"Hey Finnnnnnnnnn!" Y/N exclaims, hugging me, phone in hand. "Ready to party hard and stay up really late?" She asks, grabbing my hand and smiling.

"Hell yeah!" I exclaim, grabbing Y/N's other hand and whisking her away to my room.

"Why are we watching it in here?" Y/N asks, looking around at my cluttered room before sitting on my bed.

"Because..." I tried to think of an excuse. I couldn't just be like "Because I want to be alone with you!" I would sound weird. "My parents don't want the loud noise." I finish. My heart sinks as Y/N looks uncertain if this was true. The moment shortly passes and she nods her head.

"Parents these days." She says, jokingly rolling her eyes and flipping her hair.

"I know, right?" I say back, jokingly flipping non-existent shoulder length hair. Y/N cracks up and starts rolling around on my bed.

- - -

"IT'S 11:56!" She exclaims, sitting back up. I sit next to her and face her. She turns to face me. "I know I'm probably not the girl you want to spend New Years eve with..." Y/N says, looking down. "...but I think you're the guy I want to spend it with." She fin(n)ishes. A look of pure shock spreads across my face, but she doesn't see it. I want to tell her that she is exactly who I want to spend my New Years eve with.

I want to tell her she's exactly who I want to spend the rest of 2017 and 2018 with.

I want to tell her that she is the girl I want to spend my life with.

I just... can't.

- - -

I load up the countdown on my phone and it instantly starts blaring.

10...

I look at Y/N and place a hand on her cheek.

9...

She looks at me with longing in her eyes, I had the courage I would kiss her.

8...

Y/N wraps her arms around my neck.

7...

"I know that I'm not the girl you want to spend a special New Years kiss with in about 5 seconds." She says, smiling and looking down.

5...

I brush a loose strand of hair out of Y/N's face and tilt her chin up to face me.

4...

"How do you know that?"

3...

2...

1...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I smash my lips into Y/N's, I had been waiting to long for the moment when I could finally kiss her soft lips. Surprisingly enough, she kisses back. Not just normally, but passionately. We both pull back after a few seconds, both majority confused, but happy. Y/N leans her forehead on mine. "I love you, Y/N." I say. The words that I had been meaning to say forever. They slipped out. It was the right time.

"I-I love you, too, Finn." She replies, smiling at the ground.

"You're the only girl that I want to share a special New Years kiss with, and you're the only girl I want to spend the rest of my life with." I whisper, pulling Y/N into a tight hug.

"Well, except maybe your mom." She whispers into my ear. I chuckle.

- - -

This is the girl I want to spend every New Year with.

This is the girl I want to spend every day with.

This is the girl I love with all my heart.

This is the girl that loves me.

A/N - Well wasn't that sweet?

I thought it was fitting because I just watched the ball drop with my family about 45 minutes or so ago.

I know I'm a bad girl up this late, lol.

Anyways, I started my new year off right by playing All Star by Smash Mouth exactly at 11:59:22 so the first "Hey Now" played exactly at 12:00:00!!!

Talent!!!

I hope everyone has a grand New Year, full of many blessings and laughs.

As well as lots of Finn Wolfhard

And Stranger Things

Happy New Year!!!

- Mic drop -