Part 16

Magdalena reached for Jack's face, letting her long sharp talon-like black nails lightly graze over his cheek.  Her wicked grin spreading into a larger and more menacing one as told him bittersweet.  "You poor unfortunate soul. You played right into my hands".  Mark tried to step forward, but stopped when the Seeker's shadow nicked his throat with the golden dagger.  Jack reluctantly relaxed against the floor.  The shell creatures venom was sinking in now.  His body was going numb.  He felt perfectly relaxed.  Even though he knew he shouldn't be.  His heart should have been racing and he should feel terrified, but his body wasn't responding.  He felt as aware as ever though.  Staring out the corner of his eye to Mark, a single tear fell from his eye.  The Seeker walked past his vision to stand by Mark, saying coolly to Magdalena.  "So, what do we do with him"? 

Mark turned cold eyes on the Seeker, clenching his fists as he growled out in a dark voice.  "You better kill me, before I get my chance to kill YOU".  Magdalena chuckled at Mark response, wavering her hand dismissively at the Seeker.  "Do what you wish with him. He's of no use to me now".  Jack's vision blurred for a second as more tears fell from his eyes.  He couldn't even say anything.  He could just watch as the Seeker puffed thick white smoke from his vapor into Mark's face.  Mark closed his eyes, clearly trying not to breath it in.  When the Seeker leaned in to whisper something in his ear.  Jack watched Mark open his eyes to reveal bright purple eyes.  The Seeker rested an arm on Mark's shoulder, turning to flash a smile down at Jack as he puffed more smoke from his vapor. 

Jack could suddenly taste a thick copper taste in his mouth and felt his body jerk uncontrollably as if he was having a seizure.  Magdalena put a hand on him to keep him firmly on the floor, telling the Jack calmly as her large faded eyes fluttered in pleasure.  "I can feel it. Your soul. Stop resisting. Your will to live isn't as strong as my desire to obtain it"!  Jack's body started so slow down and he could almost feel his body start to give in.  When the door to the hotel room was kicked open.  Magdalena winced in pain, covering her eyes from the bright light outside as a familiar voice bellowed out in a dark threatening voice.  "GET AWAY FROM HIM, MAGS"!  Magdalena slowly rose up to her feet, hissing back through her teeth.  "Well, if it isn't the little Sea-Bitch! About time you came here to protect your King's son"! 

The Sea-Witch walked into the room, her hand gesturing just outside as she answered simply.  "I've been busy discovering holes in your old fish tale, Mags. Besides that... I didn't come alone".  Jack's eyes widened as a woman stepped out into the light.  He couldn't believe his eyes.  He had only seen her statues back home in Atlantis.  The woman glared at Magdalena and Magdalena looked beyond pissed.  Turning to the Seeker, Magdalena screamed out at him sternly.  "YOU DIDN'T KILL HER"!  Jack expected the Seeker to look calm and collected.  Maybe even a bit smug.  Instead, he looked almost hurt.  Ashamed, even.  His aunt turned her eyes on the Seeker, telling him in a dark voice.  "Why am I not surprised to see you here, James. Hurting me wasn't enough"?  Jack's eyes darted between them quickly.  He pretty much knew how his aunt would know Magdalena... but the Seeker?  How did she know his name? 

The Seeker quickly looked away from his aunt to snap back at Magdalena.  "Our deal! Give me my wish NOW"!  Magdalena pointed a mistrusting finger at the Seeker, sneering through her teeth.  "You still love her. You lied to me! You told me you killed her"!  The Seeker moved closer to Magdalena, snapping back.  "GRANT IT! YOU PROMISED"!  Slowly the pieces sank in for Jack.  The old tale was about his aunt.  She fell in love with a human... Only the human wasn't who she thought he was.  Her human was a Seeker.  This Seeker.  Jack's aunt rushed toward a window and throw back the curtain to let in more sunlight.  Magdalena screamed, retreating back toward the bathroom.  The Sea-Witch jumped over him to quickly follow after her, while his aunt moved closer toward the Seeker.