The Promise

For Presidentofrussia23
Play the video while reading this.

I signed on with the ranch of God, a job for me he'll save.

And when I'm called I want to ride Ole Skyball to my grave.

Then lay my spurs upon my breast. I'll need my hat and boots with me.

And while the boys lower me to rest, please set my horses free.

You remembered all of it. The phone call. The tears and all the fear built up inside of you.

When they deployed you to Syria to become part of a special group a paratroopers. The Spetsnaz. (I hope I spelled it right.)

You had to tell your best friend Ivan. He was once part of the Soviet Unions forces. He had gone to war before, but only for a short while.

He was going to be heartbroken. You also had to tell Zona, the lady that helped you run the ranch that you lived on.

You trusted them with everything.
The hardest part was leaving. When you had to sit them down, and watch them cry their eyes out.

You said your goodbyes and went to the stable, to go see your horses, Spirit, Stumbles, and Smoky. Ivan went with you. You loved on them for awhile, then turned to Ivan. You had to ask him one last thing before you left.

"Ivan, if I die, I need you to do something for me." you said.

"What is it?" he asked, his voice growing raspy.

"I'll need you to lay my spurs on my chest, an make sure I have my hat and boots with me. And while you lower me to rest, please set my horses free. I want to be buried on that hill over by the wind mill."

"If that's what you want, then I will do it."

"Ivan, I'm really going to miss you guys." you said shoving your face into his chest.

"We will miss you too." he replied when he kissed your head.

"Goodbye."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
The bus was cold and reeked of sweaty men. You couldn't wait to get to the plane, where you could get food and warm up.  There were only a few women there. About six, maybe seven, out of the 200 they had. It was packed.
§§§§§§§§§§§§

You have been fighting for two years. You rarely got to send any letters, and you couldn't make phonecalls.

You missed everyone greatly.
You now had a scar on the right side of your face that took off a piece of your ear, from a bullet that barely missed your head. (If you have seen the Ben Hur movie from 2016, the scar looks like Messalas.)

One night you were out with a group of boys that were your age.

You all beard quiet whispers that seemed far away, but were actually all around you and, then a gunshot went off, and you fell to the ground, holding your shoulder.

Your friend Sawyer ran to you and picked you up. He made sure everyone was okay, and if they enemy was gone.

When everyone of them was gone, they carried everyone that was injured back to camp, in which you would die in the hospital.....

Just kidding.
You healed quickly.

One night you were called into the General's Office.

"Y/N, you've served your time, you can go home now."
He said.

"Thank you sir."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

You were driving down the dirt road that lead to your house. You pulled into the driveway, to see Ivan, and Zona staring in wonder.

You got out, and they quickly ran to you.
You hugged Zona tightly.
"I missed you so much." she said.

Ivan grabbed you by both of your arms and lustfully kissed you.

"We never heard from you. I thought you were dead." he whispered.
"Well, I'm here now so you don't have to worry anymore."

"I was waiting for those people to come to the door and tell us you died. Anytime we saw a car pull up, I prayed that they weren't gonna tell me that. I prepares myself everytime to keep my promise to you."
He said. I tear rolled down his cheek.

He looked into your eyes, then saw the scar.

"What is that." he said while poking it.

"Someone tried to shoot me, and they missed."

"You won't be leaving me anytime soon." he said.
"I am perfectly fine with that."
Zona cleared her throat, indicating she was still standing there.
You both looked at her sheepishly, and she laughed and walked away.

"I love you Y/N."
"I love you too Ivan."

I think I wrote this too fast, but I like it. I hope this is what you were thinking of.