One-Albus

Scorpius and I ran into the empty classroom full of excitement, Scorpius slam the door behind us.

"I can't quite believe I did that." He says pacing back-and-forth.

"I can't quite believe you did that either," I say punching his arm playfully.

"Rose Granger-Weasley. I asked out Rose Granger-Weasley!" He says dreamlike, I have to shake my head at his behavior.

"And she said no." I remind him hoping he doesn't get to full of himself.

"But I asked her. I planted the acorn. The acorn that will grow into our eventual marriage!" It is at this moment that I realize no matter what I say he will never get down to whatever cloud he sitting on.

"You are aware that you're an utter fantasist," I say practically pushing him out of the classroom.

"And I would agree with you— only Polly Chapman did ask me to the school ball...." he says as we head down the several flights of moving stairs towards the main hall.

"In an alternate reality where you were significant— really significantly more popular— a different girl asked you out- and that means—"

"And yes, logic would dictate I should be pursuing Polly— or allowing her to pursue me— she's a notorious beauty, after all— but a Rose is a Rose." He says again in a dreamlike tone and I Roll my eyes at it, when did my best friend become such a lady's man?

"You know logic would dictate that you're a freak? Rose hates you." I didn't say that to hurt his feelings only to snap him back to reality but it doesn't appear to be working.

"Correction, she used to hate me, but did you see the look in her eyes when I asked? That wasn't hate, that was pity." I'm pretty sure it was more of a discussed than pity but there's no use in trying to stop him.

"And pity's good?" I ask as we step onto another set of moving stairs.

"Pity is a start, my friend, a foundation on which to build a palace— a palace of love."

"I honestly thought I'd be the first of us to get a girlfriend" I say rather quietly, to be perfectly honest I'm not sure if a girlfriend is what I want, I hadn't really thought about it until now, I hadn't really liked anyone before, and even with Delphi I felt more of a High respect then romantic attraction.

"Oh, you will, undoubtedly, probably that new smoky-eyed Potions professor- she's old enough for you right?" He says jokingly but I give him a glare nonetheless.

"I don't have a thing for older women!" I say a little too loud making other students look at us.

"And you've got time— a lot of time— to seduce her. Because Rose is going to take years to persuade." He laughs with a mischievous smile that in a way brings out his gray eyes.

"I admire your confidence."

Suddenly out of what feels like nowhere Rose passes us in the stairway, she stops and turns to face us "Hi." Scorpius and I stay dead quite not  sure how to respond "This is only going to be weird if you let it be weird." She says in her Stern voice.

"Received and entirely understood," Scorpius says fidgeting with his cloak.

"Okay. "Scorpion King," Rose says then quickly walks away with a smile on her face, I don't really know what to make of that or how I feel about it I look over at Scorpius he looks happy so I decided to be happy for him and put on a smile punching his arm.

"Maybe you're right— pity is a start." I laugh as we head down the stairs towards the courtyard.

"Are you heading to Quidditch? Slytherin is playing Hufflepuff— it's a big one—" he says picking up his pace to keep up with me.

"I thought we hated Quidditch?" I say rather confused with his sudden change in behavior.

"People can change. Besides, I've been practicing. I think I might make the team eventually. Come on." He says running out in front of me.

"I can't. My dad's arranged to come up-" I say looking down at my feet.

"He's taking time away from the Ministry?" Scorpius asks.

"He wants to go on a walk— something to show me— share with me— something," I say trailing off.

"A walk?" He asks and I do a shrug nod thing that I don't really know how to describe.

"I know, I think it's a bonding thing or something similarly vomit-inducing. Still, you know, I think I'll go." Scorpius   Pulls me into a huge "what's this? I thought we decided we don't hug." Not that I'm complaining or anything.

"I wasn't sure. Whether we should. In this new version of us— I had in my head." He says and I'm not quite sure what he means by it.

"You better ask Rose if it's the right thing to do," I say jokingly thoroughly enjoyed the hug.

"Ha! Yeah. Right." He laughs and then we dislodge, grinning at each other.

"I'll see you at dinner," I said before running off to find my dad.

——
Dinner is great as usual, the walk with my dad went surprisingly well and everyone at the Slytherin table is happy about there win today against Hufflepuff but yet I feel off, Scorpius is rattling on about the game and how we did but I zone him out.

"All are you listening?" Scorpius asks tapping my shoulder.

"What?" I said snapping out of my trance.

"You weren't, ok what's wrong,"

"Nothings wrong," I say pushing the mashed potatoes on my plate.

"Albus, you haven't eaten anything on your plate, you have been silent this entire time and you haven't told me to shut up about Quidditch once! Did your walk with your dad not go well?"

"No, it went fine."

"Then what's wrong?"

"I don't know ok Scorpius! I don't know." I say standing up.

Without another word, I leave the main hall and head to the Slytherin comes.

The next couple of months all seem to blur together, Scorpius and Rose went on a couple of dates and next thing I know there dating? And the empty feeling I had only got worse.

But hay it's Christmas break, what's the worst that could happen?

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-
Hi, everyone hopes you enjoyed that. And if you didn't well too bad!
Anyway leave a comment or like it or do both!  Next part will hopefully be coming soon!