Fourteen

Albus' POV

We were in potions class and today was not going to be a good day, I knew it wasn't going to be a good day as soon as I walk into the classroom but the feeling got even worse when our teacher told us she would be matching us up in groups of three for our project.

One by one she listed off the students and the table they would be sitting at, and of course Scorpius and Rose were partners near the front of the classroom, and of course I was paired with a fellow Slytherin boy named Caspian and his twin sister Carina a Gryffindor, in the back of the class.

The boy was a few inches taller than me wall the girl was a few shorter, they both had wavy strawberry blonde hair and greenish hazel eyes, the girl's robes were big on her and she kept having to roll her sleeves up as to not get them in the cauldron with the potion.

The boy didn't have this problem but I didn't really pay it any mind, I was more focused on Scorpius and Rose (we were currently letting our potion sit) I took a glance over at Scorpius, he and Rose were chatting up a storm, you almost couldn't tell that they had broken up yesterday.

"Is it the boy or the girl?" Caspian asked snapping me out of my trance.

"Sorry what?"

"He's asking who you have the crush on?" Carina explained nodding at Rose and Scorpius.

My face went a bit red I won't lie, "The girl is my cousin," I stammer out coming to a loss for words.

"So the boy?" Caspian asks.

"His name is Scorpius," I say looking down at my feet.

"So that's a yes on my crush is sitting over there," Carina says with a smile.

"Why do you even care?" I asked feeling my face turn a bright red.

"I don't know, you two would probably be a cute couple though," Carina said getting a glare from her brother, "What?!",

"Cary you're making him uncomfortable," Caspian scolded.

"Oh... sorry," Carina said looking down at the greenish bubbling potion that had the consistency of hot tar.

My face just kept getting redder and redder, "T-thanks?"

"Listen I'm not going to patronize you or anything like that," he said with a small sweet smile, "I've seen you two hang out a lot, are you, good friends?"

"I call him my best friend but yes were good friends,"

"Is that why you're scared to ask him out?" Carina asked getting yet another glare from her brother.

"Why do you want to know?" I ask feelings quite defensive.

"We should start steering the potion again," he said cutting off his sister before she could say anything else.

Carina glared at her brother before Rolling her sleeves up again and continuing to sister potion.

"Why are your robes so big?" I ask not even realizing the question was rude until after I had asked.

"Everyone in the family is Gryffindor, and after Astoria mom just stopped buying new robes unless we absolutely needed them so I got stuck with all the hammy downs," she says glaring at the potion as it turns a violet color, "Caspian was the lucky one getting sorted into Slytherin, all his stuff is New,"

"I wouldn't call it lucky," Caspian mumbled sprinkling in some ground up Toad eye.

"Just because dad is a house-ist asshole doesn't mean you have to beat yourself up about it," Carina says glaring at a small hole in her sleeve.