The Eggplant Awareness Club

Type: Vocaloid x Vocaloid
Main Characters: Luka, Gakupo
Author's Note: The Eggplant Awareness club is mine, and normally I'm not so possessive of names and things, but this club exists in a Vocaloid fanfiction I'm working on, and, well yeah. I'm using it. It's MY eggplant club! Sorry if I sound like a jerk.
~~~~~

The lunch bell rang and everybody got to their feet, stuffing their books into their bags and hurrying out of the classroom. I was doing the same thing, and as I pulled my bag over my shoulders, I felt somebody poke me in the side.

I turned to look at her. She was a friend of mine, with teal pigtails and a huge grin. Her eyes sparkled with life; she was always so energetic and fearless, unlike me.

"Hey," I waved meekly and smiled. She grinned.

"So, Luka," she danced around me, "Are you going there today?"

"H-Huh?" I yelped. She pulled me out of the classroom and I continued to stammer, "S-See, it's...I've got a tuna sandwich in my bag and..."

"So you're not going?" Miku pouted, "Seriously, Luka, how long are you going to put this off for?"

I didn't have an answer. I had been hesitating to join a certain school club that ran every Tuesday and Thursday at lunch, but I wasn't really interested in the club itself.

I was interested in the president of the club. That was really the only reason I wanted to go, except I still wasn't sure. I was just too nervous to go. I didn't even like eggplants!

"I'm going to make you go!" Miku dragged me down the halls and to the room where the club met.

"M-Miku!" I yelped as the door opened and I fell to the floor, a shadow looming over me.

"This is Luka Megurine!" I heard Miku's voice, "She's joining the Eggplant Awareness Club!"

I looked up at the boy who was in turn looking down at me. His silky purple hair had been tied back and just letting my gaze roll down the length of his locks made my heart race.

And then he offered me his hand. I yelped and Miku giggled from behind me.

"We're always welcoming new members," he smiled. Hesitantly, I took his hand and he helped me up. It felt nice.

"W-Well, thanks for...dropping me off here," I smiled stupidly at Miku, who winked before walking off.

"My name's Gakupo," the boy said. He was still holding my hand.

"Eek!" I pulled my hand out of his before continuing to stare at him dreamily, "I know."

"Huh?"

"W-What I mean is, as the president of the club!" I stuttered, "I'm, um, awed by your...commitment and passion! For eggplants!"

He chuckled softly and I silently wished that I'd just die. I was making such a fool of myself, but I liked him a lot.

"You can take a seat here," he led me to a table, "Your name is?"

"Uh...L-Luka," I pulled the chair out and started to sit, somehow missing the seat and hitting the floor instead with a soft thump.

"Luka Megurine," I mumbled, my face so red that it'd put every tomatoes to shame. He took my hand again and helped me up. I sat down on the chair that time.

"Are you okay, Luka?" He looked so concerned. I nodded quickly.

"I'm fine!" I said with a cheeky grin.

My butt hurts!

"Okay, then," Gakupo walked to the front of the room and clapped his hands, making all the members face him, "Today's meeting is a special meeting. We're going to eat eggplants! Fried, roasted, in salads, and raw!"

I nearly fainted, partly because I could never eat an eggplant, and partly because Gakupo was so, so perfect. He was such a gentleman, and he also took on the huge responsibility of being the president of this club.

"And, it's Luka's first meeting," he looked at me and I made the mistake of making eye contact. My blue eyes crashed against his and I couldn't look away. My shoulders were shaking and I couldn't make them stop.

"She must be really excited to eat eggplants," one of the members said to another.

"Luka, are you sure you're okay?" Gakupo's face was knotted with worry again, worry for me.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine!" I nodded furiously and Gakupo's frown became a smile.

"I'll go get the eggplant dishes," he said, "Yuki, Kim, could you help me?"

Two other members got to their feet and followed Gakupo out of the classroom. I wondered how I was going to get out of this. If they found out that I couldn't stand eggplants, they'd kick me out, and what's worse, Gakupo would hate me, even though he barely knew me. He wouldn't hate me because I didn't like eggplants. He'd hate me because I lied that I did, even though I didn't actually say that I did.

My head is spinning...

The three returned a few minutes later. Gakupo was holding a tray of what looked like eggplant hors d'oeuvres and the other two brought plates, bowls and something that looked like eggplant curry.

The entire room started cheering and clamouring, grabbing plates and spooning out the food.

"This is spicy!" Someone screamed, "But I'm loving it!"

"Long live eggplants!"

I was still sitting and gaping at the crowd of eggplant lovers, my hands in my lap.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I heard a voice behind me and I squeaked with surprise. Gakupo smiled at me.

"Uh, I...um...," I stuttered, wondering if I should try to lie my way out of this or just say flat out that I didn't like eggplants. I didn't want him to think of me as a liar, so I went with the latter, "You see, Gakupo...it's like this."

He took a seat beside me and I started screaming internally. He was too close, but I had to tell him, and the way he was looking into my eyes with his relaxed expression didn't make things any better.

I took a deep breath. "I actually don't like eggplants."

He frowned. "Then why did you..."

"Look, I like you, okay?" I gasped and cupped a hand over my mouth. How did I end up saying that?

"You do?" His eyes widened.

"As a...responsible guy!" I tried to cover up my slip, "That's what I meant!"

"Luka, be honest," he said.

"I am being honest!" I buried my head in my hands, "I'm so sorry for wasting your time, Gakupo...it's just, I've had a crush on you for the longest time and this was the only way I could think of getting close to you! I don't even like eggplants..."

I kept my face in my hands and we were both silent. Suddenly, I felt a hand lacing through my pink locks.

"I love you, too," I heard a voice, "When you showed up at this meeting, I was thrilled. You don't have to like eggplants to like me, Luka, and I hope that I don't have to like tuna to like you."

Oh great, he knew about my tuna obsession. I pursed my lips, unsure of what to say next.

"You don't have to like tuna," I whispered. His hand slipped out of my hair and he nodded. It was resting on my shoulder, squeezing gently, trying to make me stop trembling.

"You like tuna, and I like eggplants," he said softly, "But we both like each other, don't we?"

"Yes...," I nodded. He leaned forward and hugged me tightly. I nearly fainted again.

"I don't think we need a Luka Awareness Club," he whispered, "Or a Gakupo Awareness Club, but I do think that we need this..."

He pulled away and kissed my mouth. I was glad that I hadn't eaten my tuna sandwich yet, and that he hadn't eaten any eggplants yet, either.

We could do that after the kiss.

Requested by NyanCatKai!
I hope it's okay...