Chapter 5- Creep

U.S Ch.5

Early April 2016

Jari

So it has been one of the most awkward months I've ever experienced in my life. And I to deal with a period at an early age.

We could barely get through a joined practice with the boys without Roc getting a call or text from his who-- fro Claire and Isis snapping at him for it. And to make it worse, Roc recently did a cover of Confessions Part 2 by Usher. Isis hates him even more. She won't even listen to the original song let alone Roc's version.

Besides their drama, everyone is holding up pretty good. Ray and Brit are as cute as ever, Jacob and Juno are still in their quiet bubble, Artemis and Prince are really sitting down to plan the wedding when they have time. That's probably the most fun Prince has with Artemis now. She's almost always in full blown wedding mode. It's fun to watch her ask him his opinion and on something and still not take it into consideration.

Prod and me?

Fabulous. We aren't worry about any pregnant side bitch or any wedding or seeing each other. We're very happy with each other and love spending the time we get with each other. It really seems like Ray, Brittany, Prod, and I are the only sane ones now.

"So," I said as Isis, Artemis, Brittany, Juno, and I sat in Keisha's garage together. Brittany, Juno, and I were talking while Isis was sulking and Artemis was looking at a wedding magazine.

"Okay. Stop this shit." Brittany snapped. Isis and Artemis looked up. Brittany snatched the magazine out of Artemis' hands and threw it in the trash.

"Brittany!" Artemis gasped.

"What the hell!" Isis snapped.

"Listen, you both are getting on our nerves. We haven't sat and talked like we used to. We're either too afraid to talk to Isis because she'll snap at us or we don't wanna bring up the damn wedding because Artemis will bring up fucking designs and colors and venues and shit.

"I don't give a flyin' fuck if Roc has a baby on the way, Isis. If he does go find another nigga to fuck the living shit outta you. Artemis, sorry to say this, but no gives a fuck if the china patterns don't match the center pieces. We won't be looking at or caring for them at the reception.

"I just want my two sisters back. We're all together but only Jari, Juno and I are here in this garage. You're both in La La Land and I'm tired off it. Come back to Cali so we can go fuck up something together like we did in New Orleans."

After Brittany finished her rant, even I felt bad. I didn't do anything, but Brittany made me feel like it did the way she went off on Isis and Artemis.

"Creep. Oh oh oh. Creep." Artemis sang.

"The twenty-second of loneliness and we've been through so many things." Brittany sang with a smile.

"I love my man with all honesty, but I know he's cheating on." Isis sang.

"I look him in his eyes but all he can tell me is lies to keep me near." I sang with them.

"I'll never leave him done, though I might mess around, it's only cuz I need some affection. Oh whoa." Juno stood up.

"So I creep. Yeah. I just keep it on the down low. Said nobody's supposed to know. So I creep. Yeah. Cuz he doesn't know what I do. And no attention goes to show. Oh so I creep." We all sang and danced then laughed together. We kept laughing until Isis was crying.

"Let's go fuck something up, huh?" She wiped her tears. Brittany grabbed her keys and we all piled in her red two door Mustang.

"Let's go play paintball," Artemis suggested from my left. "Just because we can't get into an actual shooting range."

"Love it." Juno smiled from my right. I was in between Artemis and Juno as Brittany drove as Isis sat in the passenger seat.

"Brittany, thanks for your rant. Opened our eyes." Isis mumbled while Artemis just nodded. Artemis got a call from Prince and she looked at me.

"Answer it but tell him we're having a much needed girl's day." I said.

"Hello? With the girls....Because Brittany yelled at us...I swear it's not off....No I'm not mad at you...No we're still getting married....It fine...We're having a girl's day...No...It's a girl's day. I'm not telling you where we're going so you and the boys can come....Tell Ray and Jacob they'll see Brit and Juno another time....Bye Prince...I'm hanging up." Artemis' call had all of us laughing.

"He thought that y'all weren't getting married?" Juno laughed.

"Because I threw the magazine in the trash can roughly," Brittany said as she parked. "I'm brilliant."

"Yeah. Let's go fuck up some people's skin." I said.

***

"And then he jumped and screamed like a little girl." I laughed as we walked into Keisha's house after playing paintball for a few hours.

"He was like The Rock big. He shouldn't have been screaming like that." Artemis wiped a tear.

"Y'all look like y'all had fun." Prod said. We looked up to see the boys sitting in the living room staring at us.

We looked down at ourselves and laughed harder. We were covered in dirt, paint and bullet sized bruises.

"Whoo! That was the most fun I had in a while." Isis panted as we all caught our breath.

"Even though I took you out over a month ago." Roc said and Isis' behavior changed immediately.

"Hey Isis," Keisha came in, saving the scene before it became a bad. "Horus is on he's way from the airport. He said he had a friend with from the football team."

"Football players are life," Artemis said and Prince glared at her.

"What? You should have played football." Isis said and she and Artemis laughed. Sometimes I think Isis and Artemis are twins and not Artemis and Juno and Isis and Horus.

"Real shit though. I loved when Darian was on the football team at Karr. Yass Lawd! I loved sitting in the living room watching them pass. Remember Glenn Irons?" Artemis said. We all shook our heads and fanned ourselves.

"Now that was one fine nigga. Too bad he's in Nebraska." Brittany shook her head.

"I'd fly out there for that nigga in a heartbeat." Isis said and we laughed.

"Naw. Mr. Harreo from the band. Damn. That's one fine ass migga." I said.

"Migga?" Prod asked.

"Mexican nigga." I said.

"Mr. Harrell was," Isis moved her hands like a guy would for a girl's body for a joke. "He can get it."

"Aye!" I laughed with her.

"I feel mentally cheated on." Prod told me.

"You know I love you." I kissed him softly.

"Yeah I know." He smiled his smile that I loved.