Chapter 14- Never Be Over It

Unbreakable Silence Chapter 14

Late May 2017

Artemis

"Artemis," Prince shook me softly. I just lay still on the bed as if I couldn't hear or feel him. "Artemis," I still didn't respond. "We can't continue to do this. You are barely functioning. I know it was hard to lose the baby, but we have to get back up."

I sat up and turned to him.

"You didn't feel the pain of your baby dying inside of you. I will never get to find out the gender, or feel kicks or name the baby or pick out the clothes and colors for the room. I'll never pick the theme and games for the baby shower. I never even got to hear it's heartbeat." I said as I started crying. All I've done the passed month is cry. I haven't even been out. I told everyone I was sick so they thought I was still pregnant.

"I know, Artemis. But you have to think, I'll never get any of that either. It was my baby too. But we have to get ourselves together. We have to tell everyone that you had a miscarriage before they ask how far along you are or when you're due. The sooner we tell everyone, the sooner we can get over it." Prince said. I just laid back down.

"I'll never get over it." I wiped my tears before being still again.

"So, what's going on?" Jari asked as we all met at Roc's and Isis' house. Chrestina was with Claire's mother and family.

"Just have something to tell you." I sighed.

"Is the baby okay?" Ray asked.

"No. I-I...I had a miscarriage earlier this month." I said and Prince grabbed my hand.

Juno got up and hugged me tightly. That led Isis, Roc, Prod, Jari, Brittany, and Ray to get up and hug me.

"It'll be okay. We're here for you." Brittany said.

"It's just been so hard." I said and a tear slipped out. I wiped it quickly.

"That's what we're here for. I know it's hard, Artty. That's how I feel about Claire. I know Chrestina is going to have a hard ass time because her mom died and she couldn't do anything about-- just like you." Roc said.

"Well, I wasn't actually pregnant. The test was incorrect. I went to the doctor and she said I was clear." Isis said.

"And you're happy?" I asked.

"Kinda. I don't want any other children. I already have two." Isis answered.

"Roc and Chressy." Prod laughed. I laughed with everyone.

"Prince and I decided that it would be best if I just focused on work for now. I'm going on a world wide tour for two months. When I come back, we'll think about trying again but by then I'll have the wedding planned and my dress on its way to being completed." I said with a small smile.

"Who's going with you?" Juno asked.

"New, young artists. A girl from New Orleans named Jada Williams. She's related to Kourtney Heart. A boy from Chicago. R.E.A.L. Ready, Ecstatic, Attentive and Living. He sings and raps. And a little girl named Elle Moore from New York. She can sing and rap. I just haven't seen her yet. I've just heard her." I answered.

"That's cool," Isis said and I nodded. "When do you start?"

"Two days. Yeah. It's quick but I need it now. More than ever. I just need to work, work, work." I said.

"What about you, Prince? How do you feel?" Ray asked.

"Okay I guess." He just shrugged.

"I have to go. I need to go to a rehearsal then costume fitting." I hugged everyone before going to my car with a heavy sigh.

I still felt horrible. Telling my closest friends didn't make me feel any better.