Chapter 15-Are You Sure?

Unbreakable Silence Chapter 15

Mid July 2017

Artemis

"Prince, you won't believe how amazing all of these people are. They're so talented. Especially this Elle Moore. She's like, eight years old and adorable. I can't wait to see you for the last show. I know you're going to enjoy. Call me back when you can. Love you. Bye."

I sighed as I left another message on Prince's phone as I sat in a hotel lobby. He went on a tour as well and we haven't had great communication because we were in different places and different times.

"Miss Artemis?"

I turned to see little Elle Moore behind me with a sad expression. She looked so familiar but I haven't placed it and she hasn't said anything.

"Yeah, Elle?" I smiled. "What's wrong?"

"My--My m-mom was just in a car accident. She was on her way back here. They took her to the hospital. Can you take me?" Elle asked as tears flowed down her face.

"Sure. Let's go." I grabbed her hand and we took off for a car as I called my new agent slash manager, Angelique Matthews. She was new to the business but very able so I hired her. So far she has been amazing.

"I'll get there as soon as possible." Angie told me over the phone as I drove.

"Okay. See you." I hung up and parked outside of the hospital in Los Vegas. I grabbed Elle's hand as we ran into the ER. We went up to the desk where a nurse was sitting. "Hi. I'm looking for Sarah Moore? I have her daughter here with me."

"Sarah Moore is in surgery at the moment. I'll notify you when she's out." The nurse smiled.

"Will see be okay?" Elle asked.

"We hope so." The nurse said.

"Come on, Elle." I moved we over to the sitting area.

"Miss Artemis?" Elle whispered.

"Yeah?" I nodded.

"My whole name is Shontelle Moore. I met you when I was four at your first ever meet and greet. I lost your email a long time ago and you never saw my comments on Twitter or Instagram so my mom stopped until Miss Angie found me on YouTube. I just felt like I should tell you since I don't know if I'll be able to continue touring with you and R and Jada." Elle said.

"That makes sense. So many faces have blurred in the past few years but I remembered your face. I just couldn't place it. Well, I hope your mom makes it, Shontelle. I really do." I sighed.

"Me too." Elle mumbled.

By the time Angie came, Sarah had died on the table. Elle just cried and cried and cried as I held her. I didn't know what to tell her because I still wasn't over losing my baby.

"Who's going to take care of her?" I asked Angie.

"Well, for now, we are. Until we can get a hold of Sarah's will. We should get back to the hotel." Angie said and I picked up Elle. She clung to me tightly.

****

Isis

"I-I, I have i pop?" Chressy asked me as she ran into the kitchen where I was almost done cooking dinner for the three of us.

"An ice pop? Before dinner?" I stared down at her.

"Ple?" She stared back up at me. "Ple, I-I?" She wrapped herself around my legs.

"No." I shook my head.

"Ple?" She pouted.

"No, Chressy." I shook my head and started putting the spaghetti onto plates.