Chapter 10- Are You Sure?

Unbreakable Silence Chapter 10

Late May 2016

Artemis

A whole damn month we all have dealt with Isis, Roc and Chrestina-- their new baby. I don't have a problem with babies or kids but when they interfere with not just my career but everyone else's, they're a problem. Roc and Isis have both been late to practices or performances or meet and greets because they had to find someone to watch Chrestina or they had to get her ready.

She's a wonderful baby, though. She hardly cries and is always chill but she's slowing Roc and Isis down. Jari, Brittany, Juno and I have talked to Isis by she wouldn't hear it. Why she'd take care of the baby her boyfriend got pregnant, she won't tell us. Neither one will tell us what happened that night they went to hospital for Claire except that she passed away after a car accident.

"Look at that pretty baby. Such a pretty baby," Isis cooed to Chrestina as Roc sat behind her playing peek-a-boo with a month old baby. "She can barely concentrate, Roc. She doesn't know what peek-a-boo is."

"She can be an early developer, ICEE." Roc said as we stared at them.

"Okay. We needa talk," Ray said and everyone looked at him. "I love the fact that y'all taking care of Chrestina since Claire passed away, but y'all, you have been late to different events and all of our fans are upset by it. I know how much Chressy means to y'all but what about us and our groups?"

Isis looked down at the baby in her arms then at us.

"It was Claire's dying wish that Roc and I took care of Chressy, okay? She wrote letters to us begging for us to take care of her. She name me godmother. I legally adopted her last week." Isis sighed.

"We were waiting to tell y'all. We just need this time to get used to Chressy and parenting. Just give us some time and we'll be back to it. Promise." Roc smile softly.

"But see this is the thing," Prince looked at me with a smile then looked at Prod and Ray.

"We've talked about how our careers as a boy band and gel group are getting...not too much but us getting too old. I mean, you boys are twenty and nineteen. We're eighteen and seventeen. I think we should end it while we're on top." I said as I stared at Isis.

"You mean go solo?" Isis laughed softly.

"Yeah. I think it'll be great. We all release at least one or two more studio albums and that's it." Brittany shrugged.

"We just need to speak to Keisha, Kenneth and Walter about breaking our contracts since they all don't expire for another three years and five albums," Juno said pulling out copies of two contracts. "I looked through all of it. Took me and Jacob a few hours."

"Wow guys. Is this because of Chressy?" Roc asked, clearly angry.

"No. Well, she made us thin about it a little more. Roc, calm down man." Prod said softly as Roc stared at all of us with hate and anger in his eyes.

"Roc, don't upset Chressy." Isis said simply and Roc was calm.

"Fine," he shrugged. "It'll be weird. We're gonna be competing against each other."

"Y'all ain't got nothing to worry about," I smiled. "Because I'mma be the Beyoncé to y'all Kelly Rowland, bitches! Aye!"

I started shaking my ass in their faces.

"With Jay at yo side." Prince jumped up to smack my ass.

"Aye, nigga," I pointed my finger at him sharply.