Chapter 6- Barney

Unbreakable Silence Chapter 6

Early April 2016

Artemis

"All I'm saying is we need to start thinking about all of this. The wedding is next year and we don't have a set date." I said to Prince. He was just sitting next to me now his bed in his apartment, texting, while I went over our wedding plans.

"We are thinking about this." He said, still on his phone. I grabbed it and contemplated throwing it across the room but didn't.

"Listen, this is our wedding. You need to put some input in this thing," I snapped.

"Okay." He nodded.

"Thank you. Now, which hall do you want for the reception? This one in the West Bank or on the East Bank?" I asked him.

"East Bank. The hall is bigger." Prince said as he looked at the two halls.

"But all of my family stays in the West Bank. I don't want them driving so far," I said.

"But the church is on the East Bank. They'll be driving all the way over there anyway." Prince said.

"That's because the churches are bigger on that side. But I like West Bank halls." I said.

"Why ask for my opinion when you won't use it or put it into consideration?" He snapped before grabbing his phone and leaving the room. I followed after him.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I watched him grab his car keys.

"Out." He snapped before slamming the door. I slid down the wall and sighed into my hands. I looked up when my phone started ringing. I picked it up and took a deep breath before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hey Artty. Come over. Horus is here and his friend too. Horus misses you girl." Isis said.

"Alright. I'm coming." I sniffed.

"What's wrong?" Isis asked, happy mode gone in a second.

"Prince just stormed out. And it was my fault. And I just want him to come back. I don't want him doing anything stupid. An I don't wanna do anything stupid." I cried.

"Artty, just come over and we can deal with that together. Okay?" Isis said.

"Okay. I'm coming." I nodded before hanging up. I grabbed my purse and keys before leaving for Keisha's house where Isis was.

"Artty!" Horus Drake, Isis' younger twin brother, attacked me in a tight young. "I missed you, bestie."

"I missed you too, Russy," I sighed. "You needa come out to L.A more often."

"And you needa come to Texas more often." He said and we laughed.

"Artemis, this is Horus' friend, Robert. Robert, this is Artemis "Princess" Williams. My best friend." Isis introduced us.

"Hi." I smiled and shook his hand.

"What's up?" Robert nodded. I shared a look with Isis and she smirked.

"So Robert, are you single?" I asked as I sat next to Robert I the couch.

"Yeah. It's just me," Robert nodded. "But I know you aren't single, Artemis. You better stop asking me if I'm single, cuz I ain't for getting my ass jumped out here."

We all laughed.

"No. No. I was just asking for a friend of mine." I smiled.

"Would this happen to be a friend that I know?" Robert asking, sending a glance Isis' way.