- f i v e -

I never saw her again after that day

I never saw her again after that day. I couldn't sleep at night as my mind kept going back to the scene where she defended Jimin. How she reacted when I cussed. How she brights up when she talks about him.

She's so head over heels for him. Fuck it.

I was able to get her phone number through my father's secretary. Secretary So has proven to be a very capable man in many ways. He has made many connections for my father and for the business. He's an indispensable asset. He's like a leg that my father stand on and he'll be paralyzed once Secretary So is cut off from his body.

"I'll gladly call her for you if you don't want to." Jungkook said as he peek over my phone. I immediately covered it and glare at him.

"Just call her bro. Nothing's gonna happen if you stare at her number." He scoffed as he leans at my table and munch a nut he has on his hand.

"Want some?" He offered but I shook my head.

I sighed out loud. Why is this difficult?

"Why does she like that guy? What does she see in him?" I ask as I furrowed my brows and lean against the swivel chair.

"I dunno. I'm not Chaeyoung. Just call her and ask." He suggested again.

"We'll just fight if we talk about him again." I said.

"Just apologize to her and move on man. Clearly, she's upset about you badmouthing Jimin. If you wanna have a smooth relationship with her, just tell her the things she wants to hear." He said then munches another nut.

"I'm not gonna apologize. I did nothing wrong and what I said about him is true. And really Jungkook? You're basically telling me to deceive her?" I asked scoffing.

"If it's gonna save you from all this drama, yeah. Go and deceive her. Just show her who Kim fucking Taehyung is. You were once great with women, until you met Jiho but you're my bro and I know how women used to chase you." He asserted.

"I'm no longer that guy." I said and shook my head.

"He's still in there somewhere. Look, deceive is the wrong word for that. You're not gonna deceive her Tae, you just show her the real Kim Taehyung. I'm not saying to bring out your playboy side. Just be yourself and be confident like how you used to be before you met Jiho. But for now, you have to apologize 'cause that's what she wants to hear. Do you get me?" He conveyed. I nodded in response to him.

He has a point, but, I no longer remember how I was before I met Jiho. I stoped meeting women when I fell in love with her and I planed to stay the same.

But after meeting Chaeyoung, I realized, I kind of want her. I want her to look my way. But she's difficult, especially since she likes another guy and that guy is Park Jimin.

"Just apologize Tae. You'll see, I'm right. I gotta go. I have to meet your dad." He said as he stood and left my office.

I let out a long sigh as I rest my head against my chair.

I still don't wanna apologize. But, shit, I'll lose sleep if this continues.

I dialled her number and tried. It's ringing.

A few seconds past and she picks up.

"Hello?" She greeted.

"Hey, ah, hi. This is Taehyung." I answered.

She immediately dropped the call.

"Ffffu-" I muttered cutting off what I was supposed to say.

I tried to call her again but she declines it, multiple times. This girl is starting to get into my nerves.

I tried to call again for the last time and waited for her to pick up. It was ringing again and she does not decline it. A few seconds past and she finally answers.

"What do you want?" She asked scoffing.

"I wanna see you." I answered immediately.

What did I just say? I wanna see her?

"Why? So you can ruin my day again?" She deride.

"No. I-I'm sorry." Shit I just apologized.

She didn't answer. She was quiet on the other line.

"Did you just fall asleep on me?" I asked.

"I'm here." She muttered in a soft voice.

"Let me clear this, I'm not apologizing for badmouthing Jimin. That's what I think of him and you can't change that. I'm apologizing for," I cut off what I was saying. Why am I going soft about this?

"I'm sorry if I ruined your day." I muttered.

She went quiet on the other line again. A few seconds later, she spoke.

"What time will you be off from work." She asked.

"I can go anytime, I don't have any conference or meeting today. Why?" I answered as I reach for the bottle of water on my table. I suddenly felt thirsty.

"Pick me up at home later this afternoon?" She asked.

"Okay. Where are we going?" I asked as a smile formed on my lips. I honestly feel excited on seeing her again.

"I don't know? Where do you wanna go?" She asked.

"That's the most difficult question I've been asked about. Really. I've never found the right answer to that." I answered then I heard her chuckling.

"Okay Tae, just pick me up and we'll think of the right answer for the most difficult question." She chuckled.

"I'll see you later. Take care Taehyung. Bye." She continued with a sweet tone.

"Okay. See you." I waited for her to hung up.

After our call, I can't help but grin as I look at her name on my phone.

Park Chaeyoung. I can't wait to see you.

Double update! I should be sleeping by now but my brain won't let me