- s i x -

It's been a week since our engagement was announced to the public

It's been a week since our engagement was announced to the public. It's been written in the news papers and was in the news. Many people think that this partnership will strengthen both our family's businesses.

For the past week, we've never had a fight. She doesn't mention Jimin anymore. I mean, she tried not to mention him in front of me.

But today is Chanyeol hyung's birthday and we we're both invited to his party as a representative for both of our families.

I will see that guy again.

"Stop fidgeting with your dress Chaey," I said, looking out the window while my elbow rests by the car door while my thumb supports my chin and my the side index caresses my lips.

We're on our way to Chanyeol's mansion where the party is being held. We're seated at the back seat beside each other.

"I'm sorry, I just," she let out a long sigh.

"You're nervous in seeing him again, aren't you?" I asked.

I know she'll deny it. She's been trying to please me as to not mentioning him. I appreciate her effort but of course, her expression says otherwise whenever something reminds her of him. I can tell because she brightens up whenever she thought of him.

"I'm not Taey! I'm not." She replied muttering on the last part.

I let out a long sigh in response.

"You look really pretty by the way. Pink suits you." I complimented nonchalantly, still keeping my gaze out the window.

"Really? Ji- um, thank you." She muttered.

"So you wore pink because Jimin likes it on you huh?" I scoffed. She didn't answer because it's true. She'll see him tonight so of course, she wore his favorite color for her.

Everything she does has something to do with Jimin.

"But red is your color. Any shade of red." I muttered.

"You're the loveliest when I first saw you." I added.

Oh shit. Why am I blabbering?

I took a glance of her and I saw her looking at me smiling. I immediately averted my gaze. I heard her chuckle but I immediately hid my smile by covering my mouth.

When we arrive at the party, Jungkook greeted us. Then Chanyeol followed.

"Taehyung-ah! You're finally out of your dungeon!" Chanyeol exclaimed smiling widely as he approached us.

"You have no idea how boring he is for the past couple of years." Jungkook added.

"I hope you're okay now. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there for you during her funeral." He said as his hand landed on my shoulder.