2018~

I feel so old.
Not really, more like incredibly worn. Which makes me wonder how the hell my parents lived beyond 35 even without being completely worn by the world.

It's 2018. On New Year's Eve, during the time when the clock hands were a mere second from spilling over into the new year, I sat there and thought to myself:

What's so great about this? Why are people celebrating?

I wasn't in a bad mood. I was just genuinely curious.

I suppose my world at my young age is very isolated and small compared to others within my demographic. It's complicated but I can surely say that contributes to my outlook on festivities and what not.

I can't wait till I have the freedom to spread my wings and leave the nest.

Being so isolated had made me inclined to want to travel to places so unfamiliar and alternate from what I am accustomed to.

I'm the type of person who needs small constant changes to inspire and motivate me otherwise I become utterly depressed and deflated simply clinging on to the mess that is my reality.

I know adulthood isn't all rainbows and sparkles but I still kind of can't wait. Another complicated idea. 

Specifically I can't wait... to venture out into a larger world and meet people.
Like me?
Like you?

Im not sure of course.
I'll just be happy to be independent for once.

In 2017 I discovered my voice of freedom and this year and in the years to come...

I hope to put it to good use.

~ the girl who has a sore head full of dreams