Boggarts Ch 26

James POV

Scorp, Molly, and I all have DADA together, so we all walked into together. Oddly enough, my dad was standing next to our teacher. This had happened multiple times before, but normally he would owl me to warn me about it. 

"Mate, what is your dad doing here?" Scorpius looked at me.

"I am not sure," I responded.

"Good morning class, today's lesson, as you all know, is going to involve boggarts, and to help us learn and face them, Auror Potter has joined us." Professor Dumbledore said. It was Albus Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth. 

"Good Morning." Dad greeted the class. Everyone responded. I was still confused about why he hadn't owled me. 

"Now, why don't we all practice the incantation Riddikulus first." our Professor said.

"Riddikulus." The class responded.

"Wonderful now if you would all make a line in front of this wardrobe, and we will get started. I must warn you, though, if you seem not to be able to face your fear, Auror Potter will step in front of you and help out." 

Scorpius, Molly, and I were standing towards the front of the line. Only a few people in front of us. I watched as people were afraid of spiders, snakes, and other things of that nature. Molly was in front of me, and it was about to be her turn. 

The boggart changed shape, and it was her mother, with a different family. I watched as she faltered but soon raised her wand. "Riddikulus." Her voice was not clear enough, or she wasn't thinking hard enough because nothing happened. Dad moved forward, but she repeated it with more passion. "Riddikulus!" Soon the boggart changed, and dad stepped back. It was my turn.

The boggart changed shape; I couldn't believe what it was. I was frozen. Lyra was lying on the ground, bleeding everywhere. I heard people gasp. I saw dad start to move forward, but I had to do it. "Riddikulus!" I shouted at it. Soon it changed, and it must have been something funny because everyone was laughing, but I had closed my eyes. I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes. Professor Dumbledore had put the boggart back into the wardrobe, and dad was looking at me, concerned. 

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I am fine," I paused. "I think." 

"After class, why don't you go find her? It'll make you feel better." 

"Alright, Dad." I shook my head.

"Alright, can we continue?" Professor Dumbledore asked, concerned. 

"Yes, Sir." 

Scorpius stepped in front of the class; it was his turn. I watched from the back of my class. Slowly the boggart changed into something that I didn't think anyone could imagine. Right in front of the whole class was Voldemort. Scorpius fell backward. 

"Come forward, Scorpius, you know which side you want to be on." It was his terrifying voice. 

"No! Go away." Scorpius was pleading with the boggart on the floor. I watched my dad run forward and stand in front of Scorpius. It changed into my mother, on the floor bleeding, just as mine had been with Lyra. 

"Riddikulus." He said firmly. And soon, the boggart was back into the wardrobe. He moved over to Scorp, who was still on the floor. Molly was kneeling next to him as well. 

"Scorpius, it is alright. He isn't real. You are not a bad person." My dad was trying to comfort him. I knew it wouldn't work, so I ran out of the class and went to get Lyra. I burst through the door of her charms class.