Picking a Dress Ch 71

Hermione POV

Today I was taking my little girl to pick out her wedding dress. I couldn't believe it, and it seemed like I started crying over the silliest things. Ginny, Cassi, Narcissa, and I were all going with her, and we were waiting for her to come down. 

"Mother, want do you think she is going to pick?" Cassi had a big smile on her face and was so happy when Lyra asked her to come with us.

"I am not sure, dear." I had been wondering the same thing myself. I figured it wasn't going to be too revealing and maybe sophisticated because that is always how she has been. But I really didn't know if she liked lace, or beading, or what style dress. All I knew is that she would look beautiful in anything.

"Mother?" Lyra walked into the parlor with Draco, who had a smirk on his face.

"Yes, dear?"

"I really would like it if Father could come with us." Draco's smirk turned into a smile. Only I knew that meant he had won. I had been telling him for days that this was going to be a girls-only trip. He, of course, had insisted that Lyra was going to want him to come. I knew he was right, but I hoped that she would have forgotten because everything had happened so fast. 

"Of course, Lyra, whatever you want." I smiled at her, and Draco kissed her head. Those two were very close, and I knew he was having a hard time with her having moved out and now getting married.

When we arrived at the store that Lyra would be looking around at, I felt tears come to my eyes. My baby girl was getting married. How had the time gone so quickly? 

"Good morning, Minister." Cadence was there when I chose a wedding dress, and it was weird that she would call me that.

"Cadence, you know you can call me Hermione," I hugged her and then turned around to introduce her to everyone, "Of course you know my mother, Narcissa. This is my youngest Cassi, and of course, Ginny Potter. My husband, and of course, the bride to be, Lyra."

"Welcome; if you would all follow me, I have space back here for all of you." 

"Are you going to cry through this entire appointment?" Draco was whispering in my ear, and still, after all of these years, I got goosebumps when he did it. 

"Yes." I smiled at him, and I could see that he would cry just as much as I was. "You are not losing her, Draco. She wouldn't let that happen. You should be happy she found someone that makes her as happy as you make me." 

"I know she is just my little girl." He kissed my cheek and picked up the pace to catch up with the rest of the group.

We all sat down, and then Cadence took Lyra back to a fitting room, and we all waited patiently for her to come out in her first dress. 

It felt like we were waiting a while, and I was really close to going back to see if she was alright. Until she finally came out. It was a beautiful dress, but I was surprised when it didn't make me cry.