Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1
Benedict's POV-

I sigh in frustration as my plane is having to land in some small town because of bad weather.

I have traveled from London to New York to Washington DC to New Jersey and was now on my way Atlanta. I've always wanted to travel the world and one day, when nothing was holding me back, I just left. I decided to start with North America.

I stood up to grab my back pack, then exited the plane.

I walked to the baggage carousel and grabbed my small suitcase when it came around. I made my way to the information desk.

The lady kindly asked,"What may I do for you?"

I asked,"How long will the flight going to Atlanta be delayed?"

She typed on her computer before looking back at me.

She answered,"I'm sorry, sir. There seems to be a severe storm front rolling through... Sadly, it looks like their will be no flights out until after it has passed."

I nodded slowly, thinking.

"How long before the storm passes?" I questioned curiously.

"Three days, Sir." She replied calmly.

I huffed, annoyed.

I asked,"Can't you Americans handle a little rain? In London all it ever does is rain."

She let out a forced laugh with a stiff smile and replied,"This is not just rain, Sir. It is a storm front with many tornados expect to pop up. Tornados are very serious. They kill many people and destroy everything."

I said,"Yes, I know about them. London is the Tornado Capital of the world." I sighed and rubbed my forehead before continuing. "Anyway... is there anywhere I can stay?"

She hesitated before she checked her computer again.

She said,"This is a small town, but... there is a bed and breakfast that is only a half an hour from here... However, I would suggest just getting a cot here in the airport."

This struck me as odd. Wouldn't the airport want to get rid of as many people, so they don't have to House them?

I questioned her,"why?"

She nervously tugged on her hair as she said,"This town is well into gang territory. In small town such as this gangs try to control everything and because the police force is so small they usually do get to end up controlling everything."

I said,"I'll be fine. What's the address?" She gave me the address and I nodded my goodbye.

I walked outside where many cabs were waiting, hoping to capture a passenger. Actually...I think the Americans call them Taxis.

I ran through the rain and got into one, pulling my backpack and small suitcase onto the 'taxi' with me. I gave him the address and huffed out a breath.

Merry's POV-

"Merry, I just got a call from the airport. They said that all their planes were grounded. They are sending some people here to the B&B. I'm going to stock up on food. Get them settled." My mother coldly told me.

I sighed and said,"Yes, mam."

I made my way through all ten of the bed rooms and four bathrooms. I made sure everything was neat and in order.

After a few minutes , I heard the the chime announcing that someone was here.

I hurried to the door.