Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Merry' POV:

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I  laughed out as Benedict and I sat down in our seats on the plane.

Last night after Benedict offered to let me come with him, I had thought about it all night.

This morning, after deciding, I got up early packed to pack up my stuff in a suitcase and backpack.

I knocked on Benedict's door, this morning, before everyone got up and told him that I'd go with him.

He already had his stuff packed so he quickly called a cab and we snuck out.

Here we are, on our way to Atlanta, in our exciting new adventure.

I nervously told him,"I've never been on a plane before..."

Benedict held my hand and calmly said,"It is nothing to be nervous about, I promise."

I nodded, trusting him, and breathed in and out slowly.

I leaned my head back against the head rest and began looking out the window.

Once we took off, the view was absolutely stunning!

After a while of watching the white clouds go by, I was lulled to sleep by the blue and white sky.

When I woke up Benedict was nudging me awake, saying,"We are going to be landing soon. The flight attendant said everyone needs to buckle up."

I did as he said.

"I slept the entire time?" I asked curiously.

He smiled and nodded,"Yep. So did I, honestly. We both must have been tired after last night and getting up early."

I agreed. We both have had a roller coaster for the past 12 or so hours.

After the plane landed and we got our back packs, we got off.

We walked to the baggage carousel so we could grab our suitcases.

Once we grabbed our suitcases we went outside and got in a waiting taxi.

Benedict told the driver to go to the nearest, nice hotel.

The taxi driver immediately took off. We drove for twenty minutes.

For the first time this morning, I turned on my phone. I had over thirty messages and two phone calls. All from mother, father, and Jerry. I listened to the one of two voicemails.

It was from Father. I held it up to my ear and listened. "Merry. This is your father. Jerry is here too. You need to call and tell us if you're alright. That guy you were with yesterday is gone too. Unless you call us and tell us your alright then I'm going to assume you were kidnapped... " The voicemail ended with my father trailing off and going silent.

The second voicemail said,"It's your brother, Jerry. Father is here also. He already called you and since you didn't answer or respond to anyone I am putting a 'find' on you and a 'hit' on that guy." He hung up. His voicemail had sound3d stuff and detached.

I closed my eyes and dialed my brother, with a sigh.

He answered,"Merry? Are you okay?"

I didn't answer his question. I just said," Take the hit off of him."

He carefully asked,"Is this you or him saying this?"

"Me! I'm sick of mother treating me crappy, and I don't want to marry the police chief, and I'm tired of being pushed into the family business!" I snapped out, using exasperated hand motions he couldn't see.