1. All By Myself

Introduction

Cassie Is a 15 years old girl living in a cold world all by herself. When both of her parents die in a car accident she is sent to live with her 86 year old grandmother who lives in the toughest part of Philadelphia.

Cassie

Could life get any worse? My parents just died in a awful car accident so now I'm stuck here living with this old dirt bag of a grandmother. My life was perfect before. I had a model for a boyfriend and so popular at school even teachers wanted to be my friend. Now I'm here, with no one to turn to.

Tomorrow I start going to a new school (Casper High) I'm the 9th. I heard about the school and I'm not to excited to go there. I come from the Suburbs so of course I'm not happy I have to go to a school in the ghetto. Life is just not going good for me right now.

Cassie

"Get up." I heard someone yell from the other room. I quickly jumped up from my queen size bed. I didnt jump because today was the first day of school and I was excited, I hopped up because I knew it was my grandmother who was yelling and if I didn't get up she would go on and on. I really didnt want to hear another lecture. After getting up, I grabbed my clothes and shoes, which I had already layed out yesterday and went directly to the bathroom to shower. About 30 minutes later I was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for breakfast to be served. My grandmother wasn't good at alot of things but she sure could cook.

I kissed granny on the cheek and grabbed my bag. I kissed her because I knew if I didnt she would get upset. I walked out of the house, on my way to school. I didn't really know my way around so I got lost a few times before I made it to Casper High. When I finally found my way to school, I was ten minutes late. As I walked through the empty hallway I remembered I had my locker combination and class room number on a piece of paper in my bag. I pulled it out and looked at the numbers on the paper. "Room 206" I said aloud. I set about my quest to find room 206. When I finally did I knocked on the sure door. Some Spanish girl opened it. As soon as I walked in all eyes were on me. Boys were checking me out and girls were looking me up and down but I didn't mind. I quickly scrambled to a open seat. Before I even got to sit down the teacher called my name "Cassie Wellington." I responded with a head nod. He introduced me. When I finally sat down I heard a voice from behind me Say "Move!" I quickly turned around to see a skinny black bald-headed girl and she didn't look nice. I stood up and walked up into her face and said "Excuse Me, Who do you think you are talking to? " She pushed me back into the desk and it went down from there. I tried to hold back the erge to punch her but I couldn't. I finally gave in and falcon punched her in the nose. All I saw was red as her nose started bleeding uncontrollably. Before I could even do anything else the teacher had grabbed me. He pulled me outside. I heard screams as the girl I had punched realize she was bleeding. The classroom door flew open and the girl came flying out, on her way to the nurses office. As she saw me standing in front if the classroom door because I had got kicked out all she could utter was "This isn't over " At that moment I knew then that I had just started war.

After I stood outside for at least 30 minutes the bell rung signaling it was the next period. While I was walking down the hallway trying to find my next class everyone was staring at me and mumbling to their friend how I had punched that girl in the nose. The whole school had found out. News sure travels fast here. I walked down the hall trying to ignore the hundreds of eyes that was staring threw me. I happen to over hear two girls conversation. "I can't wait until after school. That Cassie girl is about to get it" one girl said to her friend. Hearing that sent chills down my spine and made heart start racing. I finally made it to to next class.

2 periods later a bell ring signaling lunch time. I made my to the cafeteria and grab a tray. I looked around trying to find a empty table. I made my way to a table where there was a open seat. I saw two girls that must have been twins because they looked exactly alike. I tapped one of the girls on the shoulder "Is this seat taken? " I questioned. "No " she responded. I sat down and tried to make conversation with them. The two girls and I began to chat and I began to take interest in them. They were probably the only ones I'm the whole school that didn't care about what happened this morning. I later found out their names were Lamaria and Amariah A.K.A Lala And Mari. The three of us hung out until the last bell rung.