I Should Have Known Better

Chapter 6; 

"Are you nervous?" Amelia asked as I wringed my hands. 

"What do you think?" I snapped at her but quickly regret it. "I'm so sorry." 

"I'll take that little attitude as a yes." Amelia said laughing at me, I love her and her good humor. "Stop starring at yourself, John will be all the more jealous!"

"Ah yes, that's what I'm the most worried about, Paul you know. It's like he's fishing for trouble with me and John."

"Paul just seems like a flirt." She said trying to reassure me.

"Yeah, but would you lie to flirt with someone? I don't know, he sounded serious to me." I told her, I felt bad for believing Paul, but it's a gut feeling.

"Calm down Ellie! you'll find out tonight, no worries." she said putting an arm around me. "And if you need someone to talk too or punch someone in the face, I'm here."

"I mean, I expect him to date other people. Yeah. But excessive amounts of them... He said he still loved me." I told her. I knew John would move on, even if I had seen him, I never would've thought he'd remember me. But maybe John did keep his promise? And the concept of love was never applied there.

"Stop worrying. They'll be here any moment, I may have to get a drink in you." Amelia said winking at me and laughing.

"Okay." I told her, surprising both her and even myself.

"You do?"

"Why not. I always drank with them, it was always a good time."

"Alright. I'll have one with ya!" And she did, we sat on the couch with music playing in the background and talked. I told her about the time Paul and John were piss-drunk and got into a fight, but right in the middle of it started apologizing and almost crying. We laughed until our stomachs hurt and later there was knocking on the door.

I opened up the door, straightening out my shirt to see Brian standing there. " 'Ello Ellie, the boys requested Amelia and your presences." He said, Amelia ran up as she heard her name.

"I'll see you there!" She said skipping off across the hall.

"Thank you." I told him trying to walk out the door, but he quickly stopped me.

"I'd like to talk to you, Eloise."

"Oh, um, sure." I said letting him in, this was quite different from when I had first met him.

"Look. I know you've known John and the boys for a while, and I know you all are glad to finally see each other. I want to thank you, John has had terrible writers block and he's sat down and wrote at least two songs today! I know it's soon, but we're only spending two days here. Would you like to come back with us to the UK?"