Chapter 2 ~ Getting Settled In

Once Primula and Drogo left, Bilbo went right to making lunch for himself and Prim. To be polite, he went and asked what Prim would like for her lunch. "I would like some ham with a salad please." The little girl answered. When Bilbo started to leave, she asked him, "Uncle Bilbo? Do we have any tarts? Could I have one?" Bilbo was slightly surprised by the little girl's behavior changing suddenly but it was taking a good course. About 20 minutes later, their lunch was ready and Bilbo was calling Prim to the table. He heard running and then he heard a small shout, "Where is the dining room?! I don't know this hobbit hole very well, Uncle Bilbo!" Bilbo chuckled to himself and went to find his niece. He found her in his writing room looking around. "Come now little one, after lunch, I'll give you a tour of my hole."

Once they were finished with their lunch, he showed her the kitchen, pantry, Bilbo's bedroom, the bathroom, the living room, and the cellar. After the little tour, Primrose asked him if he wanted to play a game. They played games that the time flew by and they realized that it was almost time for dinner. That evening, they ate and then, Bilbo got himself and Prim ready for bed. He read her a story, tucked her into bed, then went to his bed. As he was drifting off to sleep, he started to remember the man who presumed to be a wizard and their conversation that morning. He finally fell asleep when he remembered the wizard asking, "Will you go on our adventure?"