what a time to be alive

third person / omniscient.

he really was terribly sick.

liza has yet to to know that he loved her and not just platonically, for a while actually he believed they would one day be something he didn't know what, but something. though david had eventually lost all hope.

she had no idea how much of a big deal what he was hiding was.

he was really fucking sick.

words probably couldn't describe how sick he was- well other than the story.

before his mom came back home that day from taking her children to school, david passed out.

deep into sleep he went, with no other thought than how tired he felt.

when mrs. dobrik returned, of course she knew he was sick so she assumed. she wanted to let him rest, but by the time it was noon, he hadn't woken up, and this became alarming to the mother.

she was supposed to be caring after her son, but little did she know was that he fell right into a mini coma after just texting his friends.

she tried to wake him up, at first by calling his name at his door and telling him he would have to eat soon. but it was like he didn't hear her.

she then walked in and sat on the bed next to him, laying her hand on his shoulder.

"david, please get up, i'll make you some breakfast," she offered and lightly shook him.

again he didn't budge and she calmly came down to listen to his quiet breaths, still deep in sleep.

she then shook him for a second time, harder hoping he would wake up.

she stood up.

"david this is not funny," she said, despite the light breaths that showed he was still asleep.

he never answered.

her little boy wouldn't wake up. all she could see was the blurry image of an eight year old boy with brown hair and brown eyes. he was crying after he had fallen off his bicycle and she had seen it right as it happened, running to him as he sat on the ground, holding his scraped knee, and tears running down his face.

her little boy.

she frantically paced his room.

"david, wake up!" she yelled, not angrily, but in a panic.

thirty minutes of shouting at the boy who was tightly wrapped in his covers, she called an ambulance, telling them her precious first son  wouldn't wake up.

the receiver told her there would be a good ten minutes before they arrived.

so instead of holding her unresponsive seventeen year old, she ran around the room and picked up some of his things. she suspected this might be an extended stay. those things being a clean shirt, jeans, and underwear.. along with his shoes socks and phone. for extra measure she grabbed a white hoodie that he only seemed to wear before, during, and after seeing liza.

it was a gift from her after all.

mrs. dobrik remembered the day when david turned sixteen and liza had given him some things, one being that hoodie. it was his favorite. and he wanted to show her just how much he loved and appreciate her gift.