keeping secrets

the next morning i wake up in shivers. i try to relax my body, but i break in chills over again, but i wasn't cold. shivers are a sign of a fever and i'm guessing its pretty high right now.

"david it's time to get up," my mom walks in.

"can you get the medicine?" i ask.

"fever?" she implies sadly.

"yeah," i chatter my teeth.

thirty minutes after the medicine i'm better and also ready to go to school. i grab my bag and drive to school.

...

"so you're done being sick?" liza asks as i walk into chemistry and sit next to her on a stool.

"eh, i guess," i say.

she puts her hand to my head and narrows her eyes, "you have a fever," she claims.

"i know, but i can't miss anymore school," i say, "besides, just a fever."

"you're right," she says. "so how are we gonna finish rick and morty?"

"i don't know liza, i have a lot of homework."

"fine, then i will come over tomorrow and i'll help you for however long it takes," she says.

"because today you have dance," i state the reason why she wouldn't come today.

"that's right best friend," i smile knowing this line means our disruptive cheesy ass high five, it happened often during class and we always got looks. we both throw our hands up for a solid slap, like we've accomplished something, but we really haven't. she shakes her hand off, "ouch, you get me every time. i wish i could hit your hand that hard."

"you do, look it's all red. i just don't make such a big deal about it," i say showing her my palm.

"dobrik! koshy! care to share?" mrs. bond asks. funny for a chemistry teachers name.

"umm.. no," i answer.

"i mean, if you want a high five too, we'll be happy to let you join," liza speaks up.

mrs. bond rolls her eyes before walking back towards our counter. she stands over us before giving us both a mischievous grin and raises both her arms. liza and i share a look before both giving mrs. bond a high five.

she laughs, "you two are just the perfect pair."

she returns to the front of the room and begins the lesson.

"i don't know how the hell she likes both of you guys," cameron turns around and says quietly and snidely.

she was the only one who seemed to hate both liza and i. me, i get, but liza, made no sense- well i guess her being perfect in every way would make people jealous. especially cameron. maybe she didn't hate me so much, i mean she was a chatter box in history and i asked to be moved seats, but i never got moved. she liked to say bad things about people and it really sucked for her because if she was nicer i'm sure i would like her and other people would too, she was just too judge mental.

liza gives me a foul look, indicating she didn't like what she was saying. she never did. she always told me about how she would wish cameron was just a nice person and they could be friends, but she wasn't and they couldn't.

"don't worry about her," i say. "i'll always like you."

liza smiles at me, then looks down to her lap, an obvious blush beginning to show in her cheeks.