Chapter 4- Remember what it was like?

((A/N: The reads on this fic seem to be going up but don't know if you guys are liking this fic so far?? Anyway thanks to my friend Queen_Creep_666 for helping me with ideas for this chapter, go read her Keveridge, its great http://www.wattpad.com/story/16866251-death-or-disgrace-keveridge))

He was in love with Laurence Beveridge. Kier blinked, before stumbling backwards and flopping on his bed. How could that be? He'd never had any feelings for a guy before, and Laurence hadn't been anything but a friend to him since his arrival here. Yet the feelings were strong within him. Now they had been recognized, the butterflies in his stomach began to multiply as Laurence flitted across Kier's mind.

There was no doubt about it. He was in love with his best friend, and he couldn't have him. He deserved him- Kier hadn't had a relationship for a while. No, that was unfair. Laurence was happy with his girlfriend, and that was fair enough. Just because he was single didn't mean he could go round taking people's boyfriends. 

Maybe he should talk this over with one of the Timids. They'd both had girlfriends before coming out and ending up together. Drew? No way- Drew would skip off to tell Laurence in a blink of an eye, singing excitedly about 'Keveridge.' Oh fuck. He'd even made a ship name for him and Laurence.  Great.

Shane. Shane was good with advice. Kier reached across to the bedside table, propping himself up on one elbow. Phone in hand, he scrolled through his contacts, before selecting Shane's number. 

Kier pulled himself up so he was sitting, brushing his fringe back as the phone rang.

Shane answered after two rings, with a quiet 'mm?'

"erm, hey, dude.. Its Kier.. Can I talk to you?"

"Shaney, I need you," Drew's voice sounded from the phone, followed by excessive kissing noises. Timid sex. Nope.

Kier hung up the phone, before throwing it across the room and flopping back on his bed. Forget it. He'd just try and forget his feelings for his best friend.

~Back at school~

"Are you sure you're okay, Laur?" Lily asked, gently stroking her boyfriend's face.

"Yes, I'm fine," Laurence sighed, bending down to kiss her forehead. "Want me to walk you home?"

"No, I'm going into town with some of the girls," She replied, wrapping her arms around Laurence's waist and nuzzling her head into his chest. Her head lifted as Laurence placed a hand under her chin, before pressing his lips against hers.

She closed her eyes gently, before losing herself in Laurence's kiss. His lips were warm and soft, and his arms were firm around her waist. She's never been with a guy like Laurence- there was a genuine connection there. He adored her, and she felt the same about him. It wasn't all about sex with him, and she liked that.

Her little reverie was broken by Laurence pulling away. "I'd better let you go. If I don't you'll be late for your friends."

"Aw Laur, they can wait," Lily sighed, before standing on her tiptoes to kiss him once more.

"No, you should get there before it gets too late. I'll call you later," He responded, enveloping her in his arms. She made him feel so happy. 

"Alright, babe. I'll see you later," Lily replied, before pulling on her jacket and leaving through the main doors. Laurence watched her for a few seconds, before heading in the opposite direction.

~Later.~

The dress shop in town had been one of Lily's favourite haunts for as long as shes could remember. So it wasn't much of a surprise that she'd arranged to meet her friends in there. The walls were a soft purple, and the dress racks held garments of all shape and style.