Chapter 6: Paranoia

STAR

"Marco Marco Marco Marco Marco Marco Marco Marco Marco Marco." I mutter as I steer my feet into the kitchen. Without stopping, my feet or repeating his name, I drive him out of the kitchen and into the coat closet. With a wink I say "just a minute." And close the door.
Marco's hands find the string and yank on it, illuminating the close quarters.
"What?" He half snaps.
"Shush." I put a hand to his mouth. "I'm suspicious of our new friends."
He removes my hand. "Their your new friends, they were my summer friends."
"What kind of name is Kai?" I snap. "What does it mean?"
"Star you need to calm down."
"I can't Marco! I was shaking hands with some dark ages chick with a bizarre space name and suddenly her arm turned into literal darkness and then I suddenly appear holding hands with that girl I mean it like-"
"Woah." Marco places a warm hand on my shoulder. "Star what do you mean you were asleep? I called you down when everyone got here a few minutes ago. You came down and introduced yourself to Perter and said hey to Jackie and Janna. Then Kai came in a bit later and you shook her hand but ended up just holding it for a suspicious amount of time."
"Oh that's what she wants you to think!" I bite back. "I was asleep Marco, I think I know what's real and what's not and some recroom down a very long hallway with a warnicorn on the mantle isn't real."
"Woah." Marco holds up his hands in surrender. I hadn't realized I was leaning into him until he looked scared.
"Sorry."
"Star look, why don't I send everyone home? I thought people would help but if I can't even tell when you're zoning out or not I guess I shouldn't have my attention split."
My heart melts. "Yeah~"
"Yeah... I should send them home?"
I feel like hearts are floating around me as my vision glosses over. "Yeah. Send them all home." That would leave as together. Undisturbed by any prying eyes. It could be a magical-
"Star?" Marco claps his hands in my face and jump back into reality.
"Wait what?" I try to piece together what happened.
"Do you want me to send everyone home?" He repeats.
"What?" I shake my head. "No no no it's totally fine I'm good now."
"You sure?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Yeah yeah yeah totally." I reassure him. "I think you're right isolating myself off would be bad."
"Okay." He smiles as he inches towards the door. "Feel free to pick the movie. Peter isn't that decisive."
"Oh okay." I smile as the door opens.
"Also Jackie and I got your favorite from ChopStix. Wontons!" He waves as he reenters reality and I stand in the coat closet staring at Peter and Kai on the couch. I stare at them, my heart sinking. I wanted to be with Marco, so badly. And it hurt. I knew I couldn't. My mom would kill me. She will come to get me after it all ended over there and then, well, I'd leave. For good. My mom warned me about strings, not only that she forbade it. No red strings of fate for me, they're already cut. But I want so badly to mend it.
I peer over the couch to see a blond haired guy with the side of his head shaved turn towards Kai, who was next to him. He had piercings running along his ears and eyebrow and wore a black tank top with ripped jeans and green penguin socks. Even though Peter was talking to her, Kai kept glancing at me, her deep blue eyes filled with suspicion for someone. Instead of picking a movie, I make my over to the kitchen where Marco and Jackie were standing shoulder to shoulder putting out the food.
"Jackie stop." Marco reaches over playfully and smacks the dumpling out of her hand.
"C'mon just one more." Jackie teases.
Marco shakes his head with a little, breathy laugh. "We're eating as soon as the lo mein finishes heating up can't you wait?"
Jackie turns sideways and gets uncomfortably close to Marco. My shoulder tense as my fingers grip the edge of the table.
"Nope." Is all Jackie says as she reaches behind Marco for another dumpling. Laughing, Marco chases after her and they make there way around the couch and back to the kitchen.
"Let me guess." Someone voice pipes up from behind me. I turn to see Janna standing, drying her hair on her real sweater. "You miss the old days when Marco was a wimp?"
I look back as he brings food to the table. "No I... I like his new found confidence. It's good for him."
"And you?" Janna pries. "Are you realizing just how long that summer really was?"
I turn to Janna as she smiles innocently. I narrow my eyes and leave the conversation, swiftly moving to the table.
"Need any help?" I offer as Jackie places my wontons and some condiment packets on the table.
"No I think we're good." She plucks a wonton from the pile and leaves. I scowl. Those were my wontons. Marco got those for me. How dare this... this... whore take those from me. She already took my best friend and now my food? Unfucking believable. Maybe I should just kill her, huh? Like her cool skateboard would help when I turn into literal magic and smite her ass. I'll just shoot her right now. Maybe I'll just kill her and then Marco won't be under her spell anymore.
Oh my god.... what if she's a siren!?
Marco may not have a choice in the matter. Oh my gosh Marco's under her spell. That's why he's acting weird. Not because of the three months I was away it's because she's control him! I can't let her do that I need, I need to save him and I need to kill her I need to kill Jackie she needs to die she absolutely needs to be stopped oh my-
"Hey Star?"
"WHAT!?" I scream as I turn around. Kai stands there with movies in her hand, her suspicious green eyes shifted to terror. Everyone had leaned over to see what the outburst was. Everyone but Marco, who was helping Jackie take noodles out of the microwave.
"I'll be right back." I turn and sprint up the stairs as Kai walks over to Marco. As soon as my door is open its closed and I throw myself into my bed. I pull against the covers until they cover me completely and I shit my eyes so tight they might never open. Suddenly, the air shifts and I throw the blankets off my head. I'm back in my room, or the room in that place with the long hallway. I throw myself at the door and open it, sprinting down the hall, passing the obnoxious door but man do I not have time for that.
As I throw open the door to the lounge thing, I scream "I need a spell to kill a siren."

HEY AN UPDATE
WOAH THATS TRIPPY WHEN DO I DO THAT!?!?
OKAY SO IM ACTUALLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING OFTEN IM GOING THROUGH SOME SHIT WITH SCHOOL AND LIFE AND SUCH. NOT TO MENTION EDITING, ART, AND SUPERNATURAL HAVE TAKE UP MOST OF MY LIFE. OOPS.
BUT I WANNA KEEP WRITING CAUSE I LOVE WRITING SO YEAH IMMA TRY
OKAY THANK YALL
LOVE YOU
WOLFIE