Chapter Nine: Begin

Third pov

"You know...I feel like Kaoru-sensei's trying to separate us," Akiko claimed.

"Yeah, the way she spoke, y'know, - Leiko protect Neji, Shiori protect Sasuke - it's like she's trying to get us to protect them 1 on 1 then face her shadow clones 1 vs 1," Aoi added.

"True, and given sensei is a jonin, she would have no problem dealing with us individually before sunset," Shiori said thoughtfully.

"I say we go find them and group them up so we have all four of us to protect all of them instead of protecting them 1 on 1," Leiko concluded.

"I agree."

"Yeah."

"That's good."

Leiko's pov

"Guys, we could take a rest while we plan out our strategy," I offered.

As expected Aoi and Akiko were the first to take up the offer, immediately whipping out a pillow and plopping down on the floor. Where do they keep that thing?

"Aoi, Akiko, plan out strategy while resting. We need to plan out a strategy right now," Shiori sighed.

"What was that? Casualty while resting? You don't need to worry, I won't die from sleeping!" Akiko shot back.

"Cheesecake."

And faster than Kakashi can finish a bowl of ramen, Akiko bolted up and was nodding wisely at our planning paper.

"Mmm, yes, yes. Very clever Leiko," Akiko claimed, stroking an invisible beard.

"Akiko, the sheet is still blank," I responded.

"Mmm, yes, what great modern art we have here," Akiko replied, unfazed by my statement.

"Akiko, we'll get you your cheesecake if Aoi gets up and joins the plan right about now," Shiori coaxed.

"Aoi, I'll play shogi with you later so get up now," Akiko called.

Aoi's figure begrudgingly dragged itself up with an "urrg" and climbed its way over to the planning paper. Finally, we can start.

"First we've gotta figure out how to round them up," Aoi droned in the midst of her yawn. 

Yeah, I don't think Sasuke and Naruto are going to take kindly to being protected by a group of girls.

"I think Neji would be fine with it if we told him it was for our exam," I said.

"As for Sasuke and Naruto, we'll have to get them after Kakashi is done with their group's introductions on the roof," Shiori declared.

"I think Naruto would be ok with co-operating if we explain that we're not protecting him out of pity or anything like that and instead, just approach him as a friend asking for some assistance with our mission," Akiko murmured.

"I agree, Naruto wouldn't refuse a request from a friend," said Aoi.

"Sasuke's slightly trickier," Shiori frowned slightly.

"Um tell him that he's a prick for not helping and that he should get his royal ass over here," Aoi provided.

"You wanna go tell him that?" Shiori deadpanned.

"Hmm, just tell him its your genin exam and you need his help. So he doesn't think it's the other way around," I suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds more the way to go," Shiori agreed.