CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Auro came back to his room. He needed a lot of thinking to do.

Pacing back and forth, he recalled the last conversation.

“Your Highness, this dream… It is not very ordinary.” Flora stated.

“I have perceived that.”

“And yet, at the same time not very unusual.”

She looked at him. Her eyes had an indistinct depth.

“You are having a dream call, your Highness.”

A dream call.

According to legend, dream calls are visions that show you your true destiny. They are like the messages sent by Fate.

Once you have a dream call, it is wise to see to its ending that it may be able to lead you to the future set out for you.

Choosing to ignore a dream call could lead to someone feeling intense restlessness that could damage a person. Either it will make a person crazy or worse, it could lead to death.

But following a dream call is also not an easy matter. It could take days, months, or even years before you reach the end.  One time, a rumor has spread that a person woke up three years after deciding to follow his dream call.  No one knew how he was able to survive that long.

Auro sighed.

Why can’t his life be an easy matter?

The coronation day will be held three days after his birthday. He should be concentrating on planning how to rule a good kingdom. He should start putting his focus on projects to reform and make his people’s lives better.

And yet…

I am never fit to be king.

But I’m going to be one.

I am not ready.

But all my life, I have been trained for this.

I should follow this dream.

But it would be irresponsible.

Many people are looking up to me.

But what if I will let them down?

He sat on the edge of his bed, rubbing his face with his hands in an irritated manner.

“Gah!” He collapsed to the bed. He laid his arm against his eyes.

Everything was making him feel pretty exhausted. He needed to rest.

In a few minutes, he fell asleep.

Every element of the field tickled his senses as he again found himself to the same scenery.

The same wildflowers danced with the wind around him.

He can see the edge of the forest in a distance.

And the girl who was standing a bit far, still captivated him.

But something was different.

The wind, as if able to tell how conflicted he felt, was harder than usual. It made the grass and flowers dance wildly before taking them all away with it.

The sky turned gray. Clouds started to form and swirled above him.

He watched it all, never daring to move from his position. The girl didn’t move either. She just stood there, the wind playing wildly with her hair like an angry sprite.

The skies became darker as if it was going to rain. The wind and its element danced even more wildly like in a rampage.

He can feel it getting more and more harsh as its elements scratched him all over.

He raised his hand to shield his face.

He saw the flowers from the girl’s hands taken away by the wind. She stumbled but she didn’t fall. Instead, she rose to the air as the wind started to take her away too. Slowly, her feet left the ground.

“NO!”

Auro rushed to grab her hand.

And just then, for the first time ever, she turned her head.

He saw a flash of a pair of amber eyes before startling awake.

His chest rose up and down as he tried to catch his breath. His heart beating very fast echoed to his ears.

He stared wide-eyed to the ceiling as he let go of the sheet that was all balled up in his fists.

Raising his hand up his forehead, he stroked his hair which was wet with sweat. His shirt was also damp.

“Marigold’s goodness.” He gasped.

He sat up and closed his eyelids as he tried to recall again those amber eyes. He saw the image perfectly clear. It was as if he was in the dream again.

Then he recalled the wind taking her away.

Away.

From him.

He opened his eyes and quickly stood up. He headed to the back of his wardrobe and opened a way to his private library below. Inside the library, he went directly in front of the wall. Inside, was something only he and a few of his ancestors knew.

He never thought that the use of this was a necessity, until now.

Now, he finally knew what he must do. And behind this wall was the key.

He finally made a decision.

He just hoped it was the right one.