CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

"Your Highness", the three fairies bowed.

"My dear fairy friends, I am glad that you have responded to my summon despite of the short notice,"Prince Auro greeted back.

"Of course! It is our duty to serve our little Auro." The leader, Flora, teased.

"Can you please stop calling me 'Little'? It is after all my 18th birthday. " The young man good-naturedly replied.

"Well, I am 300 years older than you."

"Not enough reason to still call me 'Little'."

The teasing would have continued on if it wasn't for Maryweather, the youngest of the three and being the most impatient, broke the mood.

"Oh for heaven’s sake! With all due respect, can we please get on with it?! We didn't come here just to tease one another did we?! And you, dear prince, may I remind you that you still have guests (particularly princesses) to attend to?"

"I’m sorry, dearest Maryweather. It was just because seeing you all three again-"

"Oh save it. Now can we please get out of this hallway? Walls having ears can make one uncomfortable don't you think?" said Maryweather before she stomped ahead, not allowing anyone to see her reddening cheeks.

The rest stared at her. Two of them can neither make a heads or tails on what just happened.

"Maryweather is really such shy person" Fauna sighed after the brief silence.

"Whatever do you mean?" Young Auro asked.

The Green Fairy looked at them wide-eyed. "Isn't it obvious?"

The two just stared at her.

Fauna sighed shaking her head. "I never thought you two of all people would be so dense!" Then suddenly she clamped her hand against her mouth. 

"Not that you are stupid, your Highness- I don’t mean that- it was just um..."

"Oh for the love of marigold! Fauna take a breath and just explain to us what Maryweather's outburst all about?" The prince impatiently said while resting his hands gently on the fairy's shoulders.

 "Well you do know that Maryweather is a little fuss of a darling and not a very outspoken one at that." The fairy chuckled before looking back at the prince's beautiful indigo eyes. They somehow reminded her of the sunset. "But she is a bit upset when you bickered with Flora like she is not even in the room. And it has been so long, as you can see. Remember the last time when you were together?"

The prince shifted his feet uncomfortably. He did remember. Maryweather has been with him ever since he could remember. Even before she was chosen to be Flora's apprentice. They have always been good friends. But he never thought that she would look at him in a much deeper way.

"I’m going away." She said looking up at the sky as they laid on the ground of the palace garden three years ago.

"Where?" He asked shifting his purple gaze on the short-haired girl.

"Somewhere really faraway."

"And when will you be back?"

"That's the problem. I don’t know." She said trying not to let her voice break.

"Why?"

"Because!" She turned her face away.

 "Why you don't know? And why are you going?" He sat up still staring.