alone together

Paul was in the hallway talking things over with his boss, glad that the man understood where he was coming from and almost cried of joy when he found out he could have the day off. John had left with Richie; the two had work that day unlike Paul and were on the verge of being late. George had gone back to bed, not that he was asleep, only listening to Paul talk over the phone and smiling as he heard the man speak to his boss. He was looking at all the things on Paul's drawer: his alarm clock that wasn't even plugged in, his lamp that glowed a hazy white when on, a gold watch that he had seen Paul wear before and another gold bracelet that he picked up to examine for himself.

It was a very posh looking bracelet that had a bright gleam to it. George hummed softly and placed the bracelet on his own wrist, finding some difficulty in latching it. George hadn't noticed that Paul had finished with his call and was watching him try to put on the bracelet with a rather sad smile. He hadn't put it on this morning and if he had to go to work, it would've stayed home.

"Hey baby," Paul spoke up, startling the younger man who was so keen on trying to put on the bracelet. George sat up in bed and blushed a light shade of pink, putting down the bracelet and placing it on the drawer instead. "It's okay honey, I can put it on for you if you'd like."

"No it's okay," George said quickly and scooted over to let Paul into bed. Martha was asleep on the floor; it seemed that nothing could wake her up. Paul grabbed hold of the bracelet and smiled weakly. George frowned and reached out hesitantly to hold Paul's hand. "Is it important to you?"

"Yeah actually," Paul mumbled almost to himself and took a closer look at the bracelet. It finally fit his wrist. He turned to face George and pressed a kiss to his nose gently. "My Mum gave it to me as a kid. She wanted me to grow into it and I finally did."

"That's very cute," George smiled sleepily and wrapped an arm around Pauls waist. "Can we please do something that involves a bed and has to do with sleep?"

"I can think of a million things that require both those things. But none of them are relatively quiet if you know what I mean." Paul grinned devilishly and turned so that he was leaning on his elbow and having his left hand onto George's bare chest, admiring the way that goosebumps traveled across both their skin.

"To be quite honest with you I'm terrified of having sex with you," George laughed to himself when he caught the glimpse of hurt in Paul's eyes. "Trust me it's not because I wouldn't want to. I'd love to. I'm just terrified of John ruining it again."

"Well for your information he's at work," Paul laughed at George's comment, hands going down to his waist instead. George had an intense pink coloring in his cheeks, the more he stared into Paul's tricky eyes the deeper the color became. "And between you and me I think we have more than enough time to have some fun before they come over and ruin the fun. What do you say?"

George smirked at the remark and sunk into the bedsheets, pulling Paul on top of him so that he could curl his fingers into the thick black hair of his lover. He pulled him down and gave him a small loving kiss before pushing him away once again. "I think," George trailed off slowly, hands going down to the chain on Paul's neck instead. "I think we should get dressed so that we can have our own little fun."

Paul rolled his eyes at the remark and sat up, holding out a hand to George who was rubbing the sleep from his eyes once more. "I think you're right which is a first." Paul smirked when he saw the shocked look spread upon George's face. "I'm clearly ready so it's all up to you, love."

"Yeah yeah," George mumbled and held back a yawn as he heaved himself up from the soft bed. He'd kill to have just a few more minutes of sleep before going out to explore busy London but for Paul he would do quite literally anything. Before going to his suitcase, George took the bracelet from Paul's drawer and handed it to him after remembering its importance. "I'll be ready in about ten minutes, don't wait up."

George pushed Paul out of the room, much to the older man's complaints. With a slam to the door, Paul smiled widely and looked over at the clock to check the time. They had a whole day to explore and to have fun without having the dickhead that was John ruin their time together. He'd have to make it last since it was apparent that with John there no one would be able to do anything.