chapter 5

ok so dont get too pissed buttttt

this chapter is unusually long...

it's gonna be one school day, but skipping classes that nothing happens in.

like a double chapter I AM SO SORRY

bianca pov

i roll over to the sound of my phone's alarm going off. i go to turn it off and check the time. 4:15 AM. (ok i know that's super early but where i live, class starts at 6:15 and lets out at 2:15-ish so yeah) i groan and pull myself out of bed.i walk over to the mirror to start on my makeup. "i might as well look good for one day," i say to myself. i apply my full face and check the time. 5:15 AM. i call gus to get him up. he answers after 3 rings. "ugh, why did you wake me up?" he starts out with in a groggy voice. "good morning to you too," i say sarcastically. "why are you up so early?" "maybe so i don't miss the bus?" "oh shit, is it already monday?" "yes, it is indeed," he groans and i hear the bed squeak under him, indicating that he got up. "why can't we just skip?" "peep, it's the FIRST DAY. at least wait 2 weeks," "ugh. why do you sound so awake?" "i got my ass up at 4:15," "holy shit!" "yeah," "ok, i gotta get dressed. see ya in a little bit?" "yeah, see you," "i love you," "i love you." the call ends. i straighten my hair and brush my teeth. 5:27 AM. i wrap up my headphones and put them in my bag. my mom is still asleep. i walk out the door and find gus sitting on the driveway (he isnt pulling out a gun, dont worry) with a blunt in his hand. "hey!" he says. "hey!" "you look really nice," "no i dont," "you know i hate it when you talk bad about yourself," "you also hate it when people lie or don't say how they really feel," "i dont want you to feel like that," "i dont want to feel like that either," i feel his tattooed hand grab mine as we walk to the bus stop. (lol it sounds like theyre babies awwww) we make it just as the bus is pulling up. we sit down in the back. at the next stop, brooke gets on. "this is gonna take a sec, hold on," i say to peep as i climb out of our seat. brooke hops into the seat directly next to ours. "bianca! i missed you so much!" she exclaims as she hugs me. "i missed you too!" "we didnt hang out nearly enough," "i essentially lived at your house until, um, you know," i trail off, referring to my dads death. she nods. "yooo that guy is looking at you," brooke whispers. i feel a smile spread across my face. "he is super cute," "i know," "wait, do you know him?" "remember last month? when you texted me at like 1:30?" "oh my god, is he the friend you were with?" i nod softly. i hop back into the seat with gus. his eyes look worried. "whats wrong?" i ask. "what happened in the summer?" "oh, you heard that?" "yeah, you sounded really sad," "um, thats when my dad died," i push out, trying to sound casual. he looks sad and concerned. "im okay," i say as i rest my head on his shoulder and wink at brooke. her eyes widen and i stifle a laugh. "we were talking about you and how hot you are," i whisper. "you know damn well that's a lie," "oh, so i cant talk shit about myself but YOU can?" "sorry," i feel his arm wrap around me. i am engulfed in his warmth against my cool skin. i relax into him for the rest of the bus ride. 

homeroom

my homeroom (mrs. adams') just-so-happens to be right across the hall from peep's and we just-so-happened to be seated where we could both easily see each other. while more and more students flood in, i watch the halls and think. "good morning, class! welcome to your final year of high school!" mrs. adams' voice booms, interrupting my peace. "thank god," i mumble. i hear a snicker from behind me. "cant wait to get outta here," someone says behind me. "same," i whisper. "i know none of you are excited to be here, but you will be stuck here for another 8 months. might as well get to know all of the people in the class. take the next-" she looks at her watch, "half hour to get to know the people and things around you. i suggest you exchange phone numbers, too. in case you miss something important." she says before sitting down at her desk and typing something on her laptop. the guy who sits behind me taps my shoulder. "hey," he says. "yo," "im tracy," "im bianca." there was a small pause, neither of us knowing what to say. "hey, my boy over there with the tats keeps looking at you," he says, nodding to peep. i feel myself smile. "gus?" i ask as i wink across the hall. gus smiles. "ohh, yall know each other?" "yeah, we met over the summer," "we finna see each other pretty often. peep's my best friend," he says. we exchange phone numbers. i look over at peep. he looks a little jealous. i text him.