[02]New Start

×××

"Toriel! We don't want to fight you! Please,let us go!" Toriel threw another fire ball towards you and Frisk. You grabbed the small child and turned,getting hit directly on your back. You screamed,but clenched your mouth shut so you wouldn't scare Frisk. They looked up at you,not with fear,but with determination.

"Im sorry,my children. But I cant let you go out there. Its to dangerous." Your back burned,a large hole in the back of your sweater now,showing what the fireball did to you.

You let go of Frisk,turning back around and letting Frisk hold your hand. You both looked to Toriel,who had tears in her eyes. At that same time,you and Frisk knew what was bound to happen. Tori summoned more fireballs,glancing away from the both of you. "If you trust me...youll both go back upstairs.." You sighed,shaking your head. "We can't..we have to go out there. Its our destiny to go..Mom. Please." You've never called Toriel mom before,so that was her breaking point.

Her fireballs disappeared as she covered her face with her paws,falling to her knees and crying. "Y-you children are to young to understand..But the both of you are so strong..Im so sorry.." Frisk let go of your hand,making her way up to Toriel. She wrapped their small arms around Tori,making her look out of her paws.

Frisk then signed,'I forgive you mom. We understand you were trying to protect us. But we have to go. I promise we'll be back.' Yeah. You knew sign language.

You smiled at the two of them,trying not to make a big fuss over the burning and killing sensation on your back. Slowly,you made your way over to the two of them,joining in the small hug. Toriel gave in and wrapped her arms around the both of you. You winced and sucked in as she touched the wound,but you acted like it was normal. "You two..I can not stop you. So please,be safe. And never hurt a soul. Even if they try to attack you,spare them. They know no better."

You and Frisk nodded,making Toriel smile and wipe away her tears. "Of course mom. We'll be thinking of you every day. We both love you so much." All of you seperated,and Toriel stood up.

"Be safe..and,I'm sorry. But please do not come back for me. This is a choice I'm making..I still will be there with you. In your souls." Toriel began to walk away,making Frisk look at you. "Wait..Toriel." You and Frisk both smiled to Toriel when she turned around. "Its not goodbye. Its,see you later." She giggled softly,turning back and walking down the purple hall. You and Frisk watched,until she was around the corner,and gone.

Frisk grabbed your hand,with the most determined face you've seen yet. You both turned towards the large purple doors,going up to them. Both of you pushed with force,(mostly you) until it cracked open.

You could feel the cool air already blowing against your face. Once the door was fully opened,you could see it was a long forest,with a lot of snow. Trees upon trees on either side of you. Flakes started to fall upon you as you took your first steps out. There was no going back now. You've done this once before,and you can do it again..

Its been three weeks since you've arrived here,and Ink has popped up every now and then. In your dreams of course. He's told you more about Alternate Universes,and about the one you're in now. EchoTale. He said its a little different than the original,but you didn't need to worry. You glanced down to Frisk,who was kicking the snow. An idea came to mind as you bent down to them.

"Hey Frisk,could you help me out a bit?"

×××

You exhaled as Frisk brushed the rest of the snow off your burnt back,it now starting to feel much better. You had the idea to put snow on the burn so it would help and it did. But,you had to rip a decent size of your leggings off. Frisk couldnt hold the snow with their bare hands because it was to cold so you gave the cloth to them.