33.

Eric

I pleaded guilty because I didn't want to have to go through court and be treated like a circus animal. That and I guess I was guilty. I was sentenced to sixteen years without early release. I'll die in jail. I guess this is what they call reaping what you sow.

***

Rachel

I was told if I pleaded guilty I would get less time, first offence should also make them lenient on me. I didn't want to but I also didn't want there to be a trial and witch hunt. It was one thing to be found guilty by one person but if a whole jury found me guilty I don't know what I would do. So against my better judgment I pleaded guilty. I was sentenced to twenty five years with the chance of early parole after ten years. I couldn't believe I was going to jail for so long for something I did not do! What made it worse was none of them decided to come to court.

My whole family had abandoned me when I needed them the most. I'm going to hire a new lawyer because I refuse to be here and I'm innocent. I want my truth to be heard, I want my innocence to be known. So I hope and pray that this new guy will do just that.

***

Rose

I decided not to plead guilty. I went through the courts and they dragged my name through the mud. Half way through I confessed and said it was me. I couldn't take it anymore. I was sentenced to thirty years. Thirty years for something I didn't do.

This is my third attempt on taking my life and I don't seem to be doing a great job. It gets me out of the prison so that's a bonus I guess. I hear them talk about my mental state and I'm wondering if my best bet is to plead insanity and see how that goes for me.

One thing for sure though... I'm no murderer and I refuse to spend the rest of my years in jail as one.

********************