What's Next

Kailen's POV:

"And just like that, Christmas is over." My mom sighed. "What time is your flight tomorrow?" 

"I'm not going." I said.

"What? Why?"

"Y/N saw me with Kathellen."

"And?"

"And it was a bad time she saw us." I filled her in. "Y/N wants space, I'm gonna give her that."

"I know she wants space and believe me whenever I said I needed space I wanted your father gone. But there were a few times when I said I needed space but my heart said I needed him. I know she's hurting, but I think you should still go to Perth. Show her how important she is to you."

"And if she doesn't want me?"

"Never let her push you away. That's what went wrong the first time, that's what ruined you two. If she wants to push you away, don't let her. If you want to push her away, she can't let you. You two are better when you're together. I never saw you as happy as you were this past year, and that's cause she was around." She walked away. "Fight FOR her Kailen, and she'll fight for you. Love conquers everything."

Your POV:

"I'll punch her in the face." Amanda said.

"Wow wait. Did she just defend you?" Nikki stared at me.

"We get along. We have for a while now." Amanda laughed.

"We just act like we don't to piss you off."

"Hey!" Sam pointed at us. "No pissing off my girlfriend."

"You piss me off all the time." Nikki smirked.

"Cause I'm allowed."

"That's the first time I've heard Sam call you her girlfriend. Oh my god we're all changing." Rocky looked at me. "What's next? You and Amanda are friends, Sam called Nikki her girlfriend, what's gonna happen to me?"

Sam's laptop started making noise. "Someone is trying to Skype." She got up. "Oh. I'll be right back." She picked up the laptop and ran out of the room.

"Yeah." Nikki nodded. "That's my girlfriend."

"STOP IT!" 

Sam's POV:

"What do you want Kailen?"

"I need your help."

"Like I'd help you? Y/N landed back here and cried herself to sleep in my arms. Because of you."

"I know. But she has the wrong idea. Kathellen? It's not like that she's a good friend of mine. Sam, you know how much Y/N means to me. I'd never do anything like this."

"You have 5 minutes Sheridan."

"I booked a flight to Perth a few weeks ago. Before all of this happened, to surprise Y/N after Christmas, finally make us official. Kathellen's semester finished around the same time I booked the flight, so she came here to visit me cause it's been a while. I told her my plan and she helped me come out with some cute ideas to ask Y/N to be my girlfriend. Then we started watching hockey and things just went crazy. She's very touchy and that's when Y/N saw us. Sam nothing happened, she was helping me with Y/N's surprise."

"So why do you need my help?"

"I fly there tomorrow morning. Can you pick me out?"

"Fine. But if she doesn't want you here, you're on your own."

"Let me worry about that. Just please pick me up tomorrow."

"Fine." 

Kailen's POV:

Sam hung up. I shut my laptop and sighed. 

"Mom!" I ran downstairs. 

"Yes?" She smiled. 

"Can you help me?"

"Of course." 

With all the trades happening this NWSL offseason, do you want something like that to happen? Comment below.