Stop Asking

Your POV:

I stood in my room and looked at my suitcase.

I got called up to the national team for camp in Japan. 

Just don't know if I want to go or not. 

"Go. Show her you're doing well." I turned to Alexia.

"But I'm not?"

"She doesn't know that." She walked over and opened my suitcase. "Go. Play for your country, do amazing, enjoy Japan and then come back here." 

"I don't know if I can do this."

"You can. You'll have us if you need us."

"You guys will be here?"

"This thing right here," She picked my phone up. "Is a phone. You can use it to talk to people. Oh and look!" She reached into her pocket. "I have one too!"

"Are you always this sassy?"

"Si!" She winked and walked away. 

I shook my head and packed my suitcase. 

Kailen's POV:

"This is awesome." I said when we landed in Japan.

"Y/N!" I heard Jessie. I turned around and saw her. She laughed at Jessie and talked to her.

"You're just gonna let her go?" Kadeisha asked.

"No. I'm gonna get her back." I walked away. 

"Here we go." I heard Kadeisha.

Your POV:

Luckily I got Janine as my roommate. 

We got to the room and she immediately asked me. 

"What happened with Kailen?"

"I was hoping we'd make it an hour before I got asked. Yet here we are." 

"Y/N. No games. What happened?" I filled her in on everything. "You took advice from the Spanish national team?"

"Not all of them were Spanish." She stared at me. "It was my own decision! You didn't hear her on the phone when we talked. She tried to blame everything on me playing in Spain now. She's always been like this. When I went to Australia, even when I left Sky Blue. Like I had a choice in that I got waived."

"Love makes us do stupid things."

"No. That isn't love, it's toxic. I'm not gonna be with someone who expects me to work MY life and career around them. I got the chance to go to Spain and play for an amazing club! I wasn't gonna pass that up! Yeah, she was supportive but like always she starts the whole victim thing. Trying to make me guilty for leaving. I don't need that in my life. It's always been difficult with her! Even when we were kids."

"Ok. Finally in group 2, we have Kailen. Meet with your groups and get started."

"No!" Kailen stood up. "I wanna be in Y/N's group."

"Kailen sweetie. You two are always in the same group. Venture out. Make new friends."

I looked at her. "Y/N. We're always together. You have to switch."

"The teacher is right. We need to make new friends!"

"You don't want to be my friend anymore?"

"I didn't say that. Kailen, it's like Dom! He always has new friends over. We can do that too!"

She looked at the teacher. "Someone has to switch."

"My mom was pissed that I agreed with the teacher. Like PISSED! All because I agreed that it would be cool to meet new people in our class." 

"If Kailen wants to be in your group you let her!"

"It wasn't my choice. The teacher said we can make new friends."

"Kailen is your best friend. She is good for you, so stick with her, Y/N. Don't throw away a good friend for people who won't matter."

"I've never met your mom but I kind of want to fight her."

"Yeah, we aren't on speaking terms. Kind of blew up last time I saw her. Anyway, Kailen needs to understand that yes, I love her. I've loved her since we were kids, as friends and now something more. But I won't pass up golden opportunities for anyone. Not even her." 

Kailen's POV:

I waited until practice was over and walked toward her. "Y/N! Hey, wait up." I caught up to her. 

"What?"

"What's up?"

She stopped and turned to me. "Kailen whatever you're going to say next, save it. I'm done means I'm done. I need time and space. Please give me that." She walked away.

"You know that Alexia girl isn't all that hot!"

"What?" She walked back to me. "Leave Alexia out of this. She is my FRIEND Kailen. They are all friends. Just friends. People who have my back, who support my choices and push me to better myself. Don't you DARE disrespect any of them. You did this Kailen. Not me, not Alexia, not anyone. YOU." She walked away. 

"Smooth. Real smooth."

"Shut up, Kadeisha." 

Your POV:

"Thank you coach." I left the room and walked back to my room. 

"Where have you been?" Janine asked.

"Talking to the coach. Sorry, MOM didn't know there was a curfew."

"Just making sure you weren't with Kailen." 

"Don't worry about it. She tried to talk to me after practice. Tried to talk shit about Alexia like she even has anything to do with it." I said picking up my suitcase.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Home and then back to Spain. I need to stay fit for the Champions League matches coming up and I don't wanna chance it."

"And because of Kailen right?"

"Not everything revolves around her!" I put everything into my suitcases. "Everyone just needs to stop asking me about her!" I brought my stuff to the door. "I'm done!" I walked out.