Opportunity

Your POV:

I walked to the lobby and saw Spencer.

"There she is." He looked at the people he was with. "This is Y/N L/N. Y/N these are a few staff members from Atletico Madrid." He smiled. 

"Nice to meet all of you." I shook their hands. 

Kailen's POV:

I saw Y/N. I watched how her face lit up as they spoke to her. 

"Looks positive." 

"Jesus, Steph. You gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry." She laughed. "Why are you creeping on Y/N?"

"They're from Atletico Madrid." I looked at Steph. "They were at the game the other day." 

"That's awesome! They're a great team, she'd grow a lot there."

"But she'd leave."

"Kailen. Her career is taking off. She's gonna get offers and she'd be stupid to turn them down. Now I know you love her and I'm happy for you guys but you have to let her go. I know you'll miss her but she has to do what's best for her career. You can't hold her back, Kailen." Steph walked away.

I looked back at Y/N. 

She laughed and shook their hands. 

Your POV:

"We will be in touch." They shook Spencer's hand and left.

"That went well." 

"Yeah, it did. 

"Barcelona called right before they showed up. They want to offer you a 3 year contract." 

"3 years?" I smiled. "Wow."

"They do understand it'd be tight given the talent. However, they do what you as a starter." I nodded. "Let's see what Atleti offer. We'll go from there." 

"Ok. Let's do this."

"Focus on the next game. The Netherlands. I'll keep you posted." 

"Thanks." He said bye and walked away. 

"How'd it go?" I turned to Kailen. 

"Went well I think. They'll be in touch." 

"That's great." She smiled.

"It looks like that hurt you to say."

"Wherever you end up, I'll miss you. I miss you when you go to another room for 2 seconds." I laughed. "But you need to do what's best for you and right now? The NWSL isn't what's best."

"You'd be ok if I left?"

"No, but it's not up to me. If you get an opportunity you better take it." I smiled and hugged my girlfriend. "Now let's just focus on the World Cup." 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." She grabbed my hand. "If you go to Spain does that mean you'll start speaking Spanish?"

"Kailen." I sighed.

"What? It'd be super hot if you just started speaking another language!"