Late Saturday Night- Chapter Two

Plicity's P.O.V.

It's about two in the morning and I'm laying in my bed trying to go to sleep. I couldn't sleep though. I got out of bed and walked over to my window. To my surprise I saw Ponyboy and Johnny standing outside across the street. I slipped out of my pajamas and into a fresh pair of clothes. Quietly, as to not wake Two-Bit, I opened my door and crept down the hall and out the front door.

"Hey Pony, hey Johnny. What's going on?"

"Darry hit me!"

"It'll be alright man, come on. Let's walk to the park and cool off."

"Yeah, alright Johnny," Ponyboy said on the verge of tears.

Johnny nodded his head as if to ask me to come along. I decided to go because why not, I couldn't sleep. And it's not like I wouldn't be home within the hour.

We reached the park within ten minutes and Ponyboy was feeling better by now. We were walking toward the monkey bars when I spotted the blue mustang circling.

"We've got company," I said slightly worried.

I had been jumped before, but it never resulted in any real injuries. Ponyboy and Johnny turned around to look in the direction I was facing. Then they saw the mustang too. We climbed on top of the monkey bars and sat down.

"Wanna split?"

"No, stay cool."

I was trying to be as calm as I could, but I had a bad feeling about this. The socs got out of their car and there were five of them. Now I was really nervous.

"You two are the ones that tried to pick up our girls," one soc said.

They were obviously drunk and what were they talking about. Maybe us talking to Cherry and Marcia earlier. Was this the infamous Randy and Bob. I was willing to bet that it was.

"You're outta' your territory, now you go on home," Johnny said shaking.

We jumped down from the monkey bars still trying to look calm and collected. Ponyboy was standing in front of me in a defensive stance, it was like he was protecting me.

"You know what a greaser is?" The soc paused. "White trash with long greasy hair."

He then threw an entire flask of alcohol on Pony, some of it hitting me.

"You know what a soc is," Ponyboy asked. "White trash with mustangs and Madras," he said spitting at them.

Then there were several shouts of get them. Next thing I knew the three of us were being whisked of our feet. They took Johnny away into the grass and drop him there coming over to help the guys dragging me and Ponyboy toward the fountain. I started squirming harder, but it was no use, they were too strong. Within seconds my head was being shoved under the water repeatedly. I struggled and struggled, but it was getting harder. I was losing more air and sucking in more water every minute. I didn't want to die today! Things were getting fuzzy and then went black.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I woke up on the hard concrete, sitting up I saw Ponyboy and Johnny sitting on the merry go round and a bleeding lifeless Bob on the ground in front of me.

"I'm getting worried Pony, man, she ain't waking up."

"She'll be alright Johnny."

I stood up a little dizzy and walked over to the two of them. Johnny was cleaning his switchblade on the grass.

"You didn't kill him, did you Johnny," I asked very worried.

"I had to, they were drowning you. I couldn't let you die man."

We all knew who could help, Dallas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooner than we knew it we were at Buck's knocking on the door. I was scared, too scared for words. Buck answered the door and Ponyboy and Johnny asked for Dallas. I was standing over by the railing spaced out. I was terrified and horrified. I saw a dead man tonight. One that poor, sweet, innocent Johnny killed. I knew I had a bad feeling about tonight and I was right. I didn't want to be right. Dallas came to the door eventually.

"Plicity you coming," asked Ponyboy.

I turned around and walked silently toward the door where I was pulled inside by Dally.

"Plicity, Ponyboy you wet," Dally asked.

We went upstairs where Dally gave us a gun, money, and instructions. He gave me and Pony shirts to change into. I turned my back to the boys and put the new shirt on. I could feel Dally's eyes on my back the whole time. I did not appreciate it.

"Take the three fifteen train to Windrixville and go up and stay in the abandoned church on Jay mountain. And don't even so much as stick your heads out the door, you hear me?"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Thanks for reading!