LISTEN

Shikamaru's parents did let me stay. I just had to help around cause I basically live in their house. I was sitting on the roof as the wind really began to pick up and I just stayed hugging myself close since I had finished all that they had asked me to do. Looking around I checked to see if anyone would call out to me. Shikamaru had a really large house and he had woods right behind so I decided to try something. Standing at the middle of the roof I ran to the very edge falling from toward his mom's garden I waited until I was jus about to hit the ground. Quickly, I tore out my wings and glided up swiftly grazing the edge of the forest before diving down to land. On my feet, I stood on my toes swirling around and folded my wings in my shirt.

"Rie," some one yelled in the distance.

I turned toward the voice. I saw nothing but the trees and bushes. Suddenly, I felt my weight shift unevenly causing me to lose my balance and fall awkwardly. Thinking I may soon come into contact wit the ground I shut my eyes and braced for landing. Someone's arms caught me before I fell and I was set on my feet right.

"Careful, troublesome girl," he sighed.

I smiled and turned slightly wrapping him a tight embrace. He was stone still for a moment the softened tightening his grip on me the let me go. I unwrapped my arms from him and sat down. He had worry written in his eyes as he stood I front of me.

"I thought you had a death wish when you fell off the roof," he said skeptically.

"I jumped off the roof I didn't fall," I stated matter-a-factly.

"Just when I didn't think you could become more troublesome. Well, come on mom's got dinner ready and your sister came by to check if you were here," he said whispering at the end to keep me from doing anything he didn't want.

"I'll be fine I'll go home tomorrow after training," I smiled and pushed my bangs out of my eyes.

"You really like having your hair long," he grinned pulling to my feet again.

"Helps sometimes," I smiled pulling him inside the house.

Sitting at the table with his mom, dad, and he was nice for a change. His mother made a show of how I didn't eat some of my rice. I kind of hoped that she wouldn't notice how much smaller I had gotten since my last visit. I tried to play it off as not being hungry but she already knew that my family wasn't caring for me properly. Shikamaru asked his mom to get off my case and that I couldn't eat as much as I had when I was a fat pig.

"Why you little wait until tomorrow," I growled as I glared at him across the table.

"As lively as ever you two," his father joked.

"So, Riane what's your relationship with my ungrateful son," his mother joked.

"Miss, please don't jump to such convulsions. Shikamaru had just been helping me around since I got amnesia. He probably felt bad that so much had happened since I woke up from the hospital six years ago," I tried to brush off the question.

Me and Shikamaru's relationship is a little complicated now. It's kind of embarrassing thinking about it right now. Sitting straight I looked from his mother's face to his and sighed. Finishing the remaining food I excused myself from the table to walk into my guest room. Standing by the door I looked at the spilled bag.

"Riane, come down please," his mother called.

"Coming," I called shoving everything of mine back into my escape sack.

Trotting down the stairs I felt a heavy atmosphere in the air as I came down. Shikamaru's dad was holding paintings of mine and his mom holding my book of poem's. My cheerful mood was just squashed as I sat in front of them. Shikamaru looked at me kind of sternly and confused me immensely.