chapter 13

Hayes' pov

Emmy is literally the definition of perfect. she has been through a lot and I'm so proud of her for how strong she has been. she always knows how to bring a smile to my face. she soon fell asleep on my chest and I was lightly stroking her long, brown hair. our one month is coming up and was thinking of what we could do.

"Hey." she said, she was awake.

"Hello." I replied.

"Ugh, Hayes. I don't know how much longer we can keep sneaking around." she said.

she was right. we can't keep sneaking around, especially if we keep getting caught. I want to respect her father but I want to be with Emmy.

"I know... how about we go on a special date, you and me? for our one month?" I asked.

"Yes of course!" she replied.

"Okay, let's make a plan for tomorrow evening." I said.

"Alright, sounds good... Hayes?"

"Yes, babe?" I said.

"I love you." she said.

"I love you, too." I replied.

with that she turned with her penny board in hand, and walked away.

//\\

Emmy's pov

today was my special date with Hayes, it was finally our one month. I was so excited because I knew he was planning something incredible.

he said it was going to be fancy, so I decided to wear a strapless dress that went mid-thigh and some dressy sandals. I lightly curled my hair and pinned back a few pieces. I also put on eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss.

our date was planned for 7:30 and it was 7 now, so I still had some time. I scrolled through Instagram and Twitter and saw some hate. I haven't really gotten a ton and I don't really let it bother me. since Hayes told me about his youtubing career and magcon, I've been kind of preparing myself for hate.

some tweets read-

"Ew, Emmy."

"God, why does she have to be dating Hayes??"

"She's not pretty."

I shut off my phone before I read anymore. it was now 7:20 so I headed downstairs. my dad was at a business meeting so he wouldn't see me. just in case I left a note saying I was out with friends.

I started down to the stop sign where Hayes and I usually meet. Hayes was standing there in khakis and a nice button-down shirt with a rose in his hand.

"Hello, beautiful. this is for you." he said while handing me the rose.

"Thank you. where are we headed?" I asked, excitedly.

"You'll see." he replied with a smirk, "Follow me."

he lead me back toward his house, hand-in-hand. once we got to his house, he went to the backyard.

"Hayes, seriously. what's going on?" I asked.

he didn't reply. instead, he looked back at me and smiled. we were still holding hands and suddenly I saw a beautiful setting with lights hung on the trees and a table set for two.

I let go of his hand and stopped in my tracks, it was astonishing. the lights were hung gorgeously and the table was set to perfection.

"This is... amazing." I said. I could feel tears coming but Hayes was there to hug me.

"This is all for you. you're so special to me and I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so happy I met you and I'm thankful to have you. I love you so much." he said.

I was crying into his chest, probably ruining my makeup but I didn't care. he did all of this for me. for me. it meant the world that he cared so much.

"I love you to the moon, Hayes Grier." I replied.

we sat down, ate, and talked the rest of the evening. it was honestly one of the best nights of my life. I love Hayes and I'm so happy to have him in my life. it's crazy I only met him a month ago and here we are now. he's perfect in every single way.

we finished off the night by sitting on a boardwalk on the lake behind his house talking and laughing. we watched the sky and the water and I rested my head on his shoulder. he kissed my head and wrapped his arms around me. I was happy. truly happy.