chapter 3

Emmy's pov

* 1 week later *

it's been a week since Hayes and I kissed. we've been meeting up since and it's been amazing. tonight we were going out again to have a date on the beach.

from Hayes: hey, still on for tonight?

to Hayes: of course :)

from Hayes: alright. I'll pick you up at 8. :)

it was 6:30 right now so I started to get ready. I wore a lacey crop top, skirt, and leather flip flops. I curled my hair lightly and wore natural makeup.

I heard a knock on the door and started to walk down the stairs when I saw someone already answered it.

it was my father. I haven't really told him I was seeing Hayes. I was still nervous he would be mad. especially since what Audrey told me about him hating Hayes.

"Dad? What are you doing?" I asked.

I could tell Hayes was uncomfortable talking to my dad. like he knew something I didn't.

"Oh, hello honey. I was just talking to hayes, here. by the way, why is he here?" he asked.

"Oh um. we're going out tonight." I replied. my father's face dropped. I started to walk out the door, when he grabbed me by the arm. he glared at me, like he was warning me.

"Bye dad." I said. and left.

//\\

"Hayes? Why was my dad acting like that, back at my house? is something wrong?" we were walking down to the beach and it was killing me not to ask.

"Emmy. there's something you should know, before we get further into a relationship." he said.

"A few months ago, Nash was having a party. A huge blowout. He invited everyone and said I could invite people too. I invited my friends and Audrey was there too. People were drinking and going crazy. Things kind of got out of hand and the police showed up. Your dad thought it was my party and he said he saw me try to take advantage of Audrey, which I didn't." he admitted.

I was kind of stunned. I understood why my dad didn't want me dating or seeing boys. but if Hayes said he didn't do it, I believe him.

"Hayes, I'm so sorry. I think we shouldn't say anything to my dad for awhile." I said.

"I understand. Thank you for believing me." I replied.

We finally got to the beach and it was beautiful. the sun was setting and I saw there was a little picnic set up.

"This is beautiful, Hayes." I said.

"I'm happy you like it."

we sat down and talked for a good hour. finally we got up and started walking the shore. he gave me a piggy-back ride and we were laughing so hard.

"Hayes omg. this is so funny!" I was laughing hysterically and couldn't stop.

he finally set me down and we started holding hands.

"Emmy, I really like you. and I want to take a step further in our relationship." he said.

I looked into his blue eyes, and started to blush.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"Of course." I replied, knowing what I thought he was going to ask.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I was honestly in shock a little bit. but I knew my answer.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

he was smiling so big and I couldn't help smiling either. he gave me a huge hug and we just stood there for a few minutes looking out into the water. it was the most beautiful moment ever.

but I was still thinking, what could my dad possibly think?