chapter 15

Emmy's pov

Hayes opened the door to reveal at least 2 dozen people. he did that one boy handshake with some of the guys and everyone walked in. about half were guys and half were girls. atleast I would have someone to talk to...

Hayes introduced me to some of his friends and they all seemed pretty friendly. the music was playing and some were dancing and some were just hanging out. more and more people arrived it seemed by the minute.

"Hayes um how many people did you invite?" I asked him laughing.

"I honestly don't know." he replied.

we were dancing and having a blast and decided to go to the backyard where the pool was. some decided to play hide and seek. Hayes and I were on desperate teams and I was hiding first. I went to the first place I could think of where I thought for sure no one would find me.

as I arrived to my shed, I could see people scattering everywhere. I went inside and peeked through a little hole through the door. I tried to find Hayes and finally spotted him trying to look for me. he was walking around the edge of the yard saying my name. I stayed very quiet as he got closer and closer to my hiding place. Hayes walked right past me so I let out a huge breath but the doors whipped open as soon as I did.

"Aha found you!" Hayes said laughing. he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and set me down on the soft, freshly mowed grass. we were both turned toward each other when he kissed me. we stayed there for a few seconds when we finally let it go.

"This was a great idea," I said. "Everyone is having so much fun."

"Yeah, this is fun." Hayes replied.

we both got up from our spots and went back into the house to see people playing spin the bottle. I looked toward Hayes and he nodded saying we should join. the bottle wasn't landing on either of us until a few minutes after we joined.

it landed on me, and the guy who spun it had a grin on his face. i could feel my face turning red and I looked at Hayes, who I could tell looked angry.

"Yeah I can't... I have a boyfriend." I said to the guy.

"Cmon, it will be fine. Hayes won't care, I promise." he replied.

I looked towards Hayes' direction to see he wasn't there anymore. I tried to stand up to find him but the guy pulled me down by my arm. I turned my
head and the next thing I knew his lips were on mine.

the kiss felt... weird. it didn't feel right. I let go and the guy smiled at me.

"I'm Josh by the way." he said.

I just have him a fake smile and left. I had to did Hayes. I looked throughout the kitchen, living room, and bedrooms. as I was walking past the window downstairs, I saw a back turned toward me in the front yard looking out at the road. that had to be Hayes. I quickly ran out the door and to Hayes. I gave him a hug and he squeezed me tightly. he rested his head on my shoulder and we stayed like that for a few minutes.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you, too." I replied.

"Please... don't let me see that again." Hayes said.

"I promise."

we then went back inside. it was now almost 11 and I was getting tired.

I walked into the kitchen for about a minute when I heard yelling in the living room. i thought the guys were watching a football game or something but the yelling sounded more... intense.

I went into the living room to see everyone crowded around two people.

"please don't be Hayes, please don't be Hayes." I thought to myself.

I pushed my way through the circle of people to sure enough to see Hayes and Josh fighting. like fist fighting.

"Guys, stop!" I tried to say but everyone was yelling to loud so they couldn't hear me.

"Hayes, enough!" I said but he still couldn't hear.

who started this? did Hayes do this because of when Josh and I kissed? he wouldn't beat up a kid because of that... would he?

I had to break up the fight somehow before it got worse. no one was doing anything about it.

I finally stepped in and got in the middle of Hayes and Josh. perfect timing because that's when Josh was throwing his hardest hit at Hayes. it hit me square in the face and that's when everything went black.