chapter 18

Emmy's pov

I woke up the next morning pretty tired and decided to just stay in the house. I propped up my computer and logged into Netflix. I was about 3 episodes into AHS when I received a text from Hayes.

from Hayes♡♡♡: hey, up for anything today? Skylynn's birthday party is today...

to Hayes♡♡♡: oh my god I want to come!

from Hayes♡♡♡: you sure? if you really want to...

to Hayes♡♡♡: of course I want to, it's your sister's birthday party. I'll be over in an hour or so.

I got out of bed and showered. washed, dried, and straightened my hair, and then picked out my outfit. I decided on white shorts with a plain grey tshirt. I pulled my hair back with a neat bow. I also applied mascara.

I went downstairs to see my dad messaged me saying he would be gone for another day or two. I shrugged and started walking to the Grier's house. as I approached, I could see the backyard was covered with pink streamers and balloons. there were little tables set up with pink party favors and table cloths. it was adorable. I went through the gate and Hayes and I made eye contact as he came to me.

"Hey so... this is it." Hayes said.

"This is honestly so cute. where is everyone?" I asked.

"Inside eating. they all should be out in a few minutes."

As Hayes and I waited, we were just laughing and looking at the tables set up. then all the kids came out and the girls were so small and precious. some of them came and said hello to me and I gave Skylynn a huge hug and said happy birthday. the girls proceeded to the tables and started on crafts, I decided to join them.

I sat at the table Skylynn was at and got started on my project, we were making little ponies. I helped out a lot of the girls with theirs and showed them how to do it. I could see Hayes out of the corner of my eye giggling and smirking at me. I guess some of the kids finished because they were running around blowing bubbles at each other. I grabbed a bubble container (lol what) and joined. Hayes joined in a few minutes later and started chasing the girls and myself. Hayes would pick me up on his back and run around. I kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly. I guess we got distracted because almost all of the girls left. we laid on the grass and looked up at the sky.

"You're great with kids." Hayes said.

"I try my best, kid at heart." I replied.

Hayes laughed, "You'd make a great mom when you're older."

"You think?" I said.

"Of course." Hayes replied.

I smiled and we kind of just laid there for a few more minutes with Hayes' arm wrapped around me.

"we should get going... do you want to come back to my house?" I asked.

"Sure, movie night?" he asked.

"It's like you read my mind." I replied with a wink.

we walked back to the house hand-in-hand and walked down to the basement. we decided on Toy Story and ended up watching all 3. by then it was 11 p.m. and we started to drift off to sleep.

"I should go, I'll see you tomorrow. bye babe." Hayes said and kissed me on the cheek.

"Okay bye."

I was so exhausted from the party. as soon as Hayes left, I fell asleep right on the couch.

A/N

oh my god I'm so sorry for not updating... I literally just moved 2 days ago and a bunch of stuff needed to get done. we're settled in now so I'll keep trying to update every week. thankss😊