chapter 6

Emmy's pov

after I got home from my sneak-out with Hayes, I was hoping everyone was asleep. I crept into my room from my window as quietly as I could. I finally got in and started to settle in when someone came into my room.

it was Kelly, my dad's girlfriend.

"Hey Emmy," she said.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied.

"Emmy, I know what's going on."

a shot of terror went through me. does she know I was sneaking behind my dads back with Hayes?

"Uhm, what do you mean?" I asked, trying to keep cool.

"With Audrey."

thank god.

"I know you guys have been having some problems... all I want is for you to get along. could you both try, for me?" she said.

"Of course." I replied.

"Thank you, Emmy. it means a lot."

she then left my room and I was sitting alone. I went to my window to see if Hayes was awake. no luck.

I turned off my light and fell asleep.

//\\

in the morning I was awaked from a text from Hayes.

from Hayes♡♡: good morning, baby. any plans for today?

to Hayes♡♡: nope. wanna do something?

from Hayes♡♡: of course, mall meet-up? 1:00?

to Hayes♡♡: perfect.

it was 11:30 now. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. I decided to wear ripped, high-waisted shorts, a black-and-white crop top that said "can you not" and tie dye vans. and finally, I straightened my hair.

it was 12:50 now, Hayes and I were meeting at the stop sign at the end of the street with his car so we wouldn't be seen as easy.

I started to walk downstairs when I was stopped by my father.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked.

"Just up to the mall... with friends," I replied.

"I bet she's meeting with Hayes," Audrey sneered, obviously trying to be smart and join the conversation.

"Audrey, stay out of it... I'm so over him. you were right dad, I'm too young to date." it kind of hurt to say that.

"Alright, alright. go, have fun." he said.

"Thanks dad," I replied.

I felt bad lying to my dad. but he's never let me have a boyfriend or even have a boy over. it was my turn to have some fun and be young.

I walked out the door and started toward the stop sign. Hayes was already waiting for me which was good. Nash was taking us.

"Hey, babe," I said.

"Hello, beautiful," he replied.

on the way to the mall, we were singing and dancing in the car and it was so funny.😂

"Emmy, oh my god." Hayes said laughing.

"Hahahaha what? this is so much fun!" I said.

we then stopped talking for the rest of the way. he leaned over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and grabbed my hand and held it.

"Love you, baby girl." he said.

"Love you too, Hayzie." I answered.

//\\

we got to the mall and it was pretty packed. I thanked Nash for the ride and he left. we started walking around when a huge group of girls started sprinting toward Hayes. Hayes didn't notice at all but I did.

"Hayes-" I started to say but was pushed away from Hayes as the girls came and crowded us.

"Who is that girl Hayes is with? she looks like a slut..." I heard one of them say.

"Ew, who the hell is she?" another said.

"Get away from Hayes!" I heard.

I had no idea what was going on. who were these people? why were they calling me names and trampling me? I saw Hayes and saw he was taking pictures with the girls and trying to look for me at the same time.

I backed away from the crowd and started walking away. I was so confused.

Hayes' pov

Emmy and I were walking through the mall when she started to say my name but was cut off.

I turned around and saw a huge group of girls running toward us. I was cut off with Emmy from the girls. they were everywhere. I was trying to search for Emmy and call her name but I couldn't find her. then, I saw a glimpse of her looking sad and walking away.

I somehow managed to get through the girls and ran to Emmy. I grabbed her worst and she turned around.

"Emmy, why did you leave?" I asked.

"I was confused... why were there girls surrounding you?" she asked.

now I was confused, didn't she know? she must not know that I'm famous.

"Emmy, this might confuse you... but I'm kind of famous. I mean, I make YouTube videos and go on your with other you tubers across the country." I told her.

she just sat there listening trying to figure it out.

"Well... okay. I'm glad you told me." she answered.

we got away from the girls and went into a few stores. Emmy picked out a few things and I bought some little gifts for her.

we were in forever21 when I turned and saw a girl looking at me and smiling. she was cute but not as pretty as Emmy.

I started to drift from Emmy in the store and the girl got closer... and closer to me. then came up to me.

"Hey, I'm Stephanie," she said.

"Hayes."

"What brings you here today, Hayes?" she asked.

"Oh, just shopping." I answered.

"Well, if you ever need and help shopping, call me." she said.

she took out a pen and wrote her number down and gave it to me. I smiled but then suddenly remembered Emmy. I turned around and spotted her.

she was staring at me, seeing the whole thing. she had a tear streaming down her face.

Emmy's pov

I was looking for a pair of shorts when I saw Hayes flirting with a girl. I just stared and watched the whole thing until she walked away.

I saw Hayes looking for me and we finally caught eyes. he knew I was crushed. and I was. I was standing right there, in the same exact store and he was flirting with another girl? I out down the shorts and ran out of the store. just ran.

I sprinted to the nearest exit of the mall and looked back to see Hayes trying to come after me but I got away. I just ran and ran and ran until I couldn't anymore.

then it hit me. I haven't been to this part of town. I had no phone because my dad still had it, no map, and no sense of where I was.

all I had was a broken heart.