chapter 7

Hayes' pov

I started running out of the store toward Emmy. I got lost in the crowd and couldn't find her.

I went through some stores and finally just went out the way we came. I had to find her, she hasn't been here before. who knows what could happen to her.

I went outside and started walking all around. I asked some people if they saw a girl about the age of 13 and they just nodded their heads no.

I couldn't leave without her. if I went back to my house and I saw that Mr.Adams was looking for her I would feel so guilty.

I was determined to find her. even if it took me all night.

Emmy's pov

I was still walking, just trying to find my way back to the neighborhood. I wasn't really paying attention in the car on the way here so I was basically screwed.

It was starting to get dark so I just decided to head back to the mall, hoping Hayes didn't leave.

I was walking on the sidewalk when a group of guys maybe a couple years older than me started coming my way. they got really close to me and started staring at me.

"Hey." one of them said.

I didn't answer, hoping they would just keep on walking.

"I said hey." he said again.

"Just keep walking, Emmy. just keep walking." I thought to myself. I ignored them again when I sensed someone coming up behind me.

I was jolted forward and turned around, furious.

"What the hell is your problem?" I said to the guy who pushed me.

"I don't have a problem, babe." he replied.

"Don't call me babe. and don't EVER touch me again." I was mad. so mad I was about to burst.

I slapped him straight across the face. he turned his head, holding onto his face.

"Oh, you wanna play? Okay... I like games." he said with a perverted smirk.

I was scared. I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack. I just wish Hayes was here to protect me.

he pushed me down to the ground. hard. I immediately fell on my back and was just laying there in pain. he came down to my face and hit me.

I was just laying there, on the sidewalk in the middle of nowhere clutching my face and trying to protect my body from the guys.

I then heard a familiar voice. it got closer... and closer. as the boys were still huddled around me, the voice intruded the circle.

"Who are you? what are you doing to my girlfriend?" the voice asked the boys. then the voice came closer to my face.

I saw a face, my vision was blurry but I could just make it out.

it was Hayes.

"Hayes," I whispered.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here. I'm so sorry." he replied.

I tried to give him a smile, but it came out weak. the boys started talking to Hayes.

"This whore is your girlfriend?" one asked, they all started laughing.

"Hey, enough. I'm not trying to start trouble. looks like you've already started some, though. how dare you hit a girl," Hayes was defending me, obviously he would.

I was still laying on the ground, I couldn't move. the boys started talking again.

"Why don't you just leave? you don't want to get a nasty bruise like your slut over here." a guy said.

then, Hayes hit him. straight in the eye. the guy fell backwards and the other boys around him tried to help him up.

"Emmy, run!" Hayes picked me up bridal style and started running. I could here yelling behind us but no one was chasing Hayes.

"Watch your back. we'll find you." was all I heard from behind us before I blacked out.

A/N:

hey guys , soo I'm kind of new to writing. this is my first wattpad story. but I'm soo excited to be writing and updating new chapters. :)) enjoy !