chapter 11

Emmy's pov

I quickly grabbed Hayes' hand and ran to some bushes. we crouched down and I signaled for him to be as quiet as possible.

Audrey was with her group of friends again, walking down the block. i was pretty sure I was well hidden, but I wasn't positive.

she can't see me now, especially when I'm with Hayes. afraid she'll tell my dad. I can't have her friends finding out either, they could spread it like wildfire.

"Hayes, stay here. I'm going out there," I said.

"Wait-" Hayes started to say but I was already gone.

I walked out from the bush hoping Audrey wouldn't see me... I was wrong.

"Uhm, Emmy? What are you doing here?" she asked with a tone of annoyance.

"I-I was taking a walk..." I replied.

"You were not, you whore. you were with Hayes... weren't you?" she said.

"Wait Hayes?" one of her friends asked.

"Ugh yes, Peyton. apparently they have a "thing," Audrey said to the girl, who's name was apparently Peyton.

"Eww," Peyton said, with a smirk.

"Okay... well I'm leaving..." I said.

"Oh, not so fast. we have a bit of... talking to do." said Audrey, with a devilish grin.

the group started to crowd me and I was cornered. I had no place to go.

"Audrey, stop. what are you do-?" I started to ask but my words were cut short.

she kicked me in the gut and I almost puked. I was clenching my stomach and bending over, gasping for breath.

she then proceeded to hit me across the face and I fell to the ground. my head started to get dizzy again.

she leaned to to me and whispered, "If you even look at Hayes again, we'll do a lot worse... oh and don't even think about telling anyone about this." she said, and laughed and walked away.

I was laying on the ground, just like I was at the mall. my wounds from that incident were still sore and Audrey made it worse.

I was expecting Hayes to come find me, but he never showed. I couldn't get up. I remembered I told him to go home as soon as I left.

I was laying there what felt like hours and still couldn't move. I wanted it all to be over. I was done.

I could still hear Audrey and her friends walking away.

I got up off the ground with all the strength I had left, and sprinted toward Audrey.

I wasn't thinking, it just happened.

I ran up behind Audrey and grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around. I hit her straight across the face and she fell to the ground.

I gave her a death glare and she returned to standing on her feet. she slapped me in the face and I tackled her to the ground.

we were both hitting and kicking each other and I finally got up and started screaming at her.

"Audrey, I will see whoever I want to see. you'll have to kill me if you think you'll ever have Hayes. stay out of my life," I said angrily.

"I'll get you so good, Emmy. just wait," she said with a smirk and walked away. just like that.

I turned in the opposite direction and started home. my nose and lip were bleeding pretty bad.

I snuck inside my house and went upstairs quietly. I examined my wounds and took a shower.

I changed into shorts and a tshirt and was so tired.

I received a text from Hayes saying goodnight and he would see me tomorrow.

I replied and started drifting off to sleep, thinking about Hayes and how he's the only good thing I have right now.