10. interest

a/n: double update today, read the other one first.

her pov.

"I feel like there's something between you and the Park Jimin guy that has something to do with your powers," X joins me while I sit on one of the swings, frequently swinging back and forth. Sunset just passed and most of the kids on the playgrounds already went inside their own homes to mark the end of the say.

"Well, no shit," I laugh. "What's with him? Why does he make me more confused than most of my clients I've ever had in six years? He always gives off this aura that he can see me," I hand my head low, my legs kicking the sand gently.

"Oh come on. That's impossible, Q," X laughs out of the blue. "I mean, maybe you just think that because you keep making weird mistakes, babe."

Mind control wasn't a mistake.

"Ugh, being a cupid is hard," I complain as I kick the sand a little bit harder. "All I ever wanted to do since the beginning is to know about my life more than anything else. I want to know what kind of person I am, and what story I could share before I died this early. Besides, if I were still alive I would be 23 years old."

"Wow, we're born on the same year, I just realized," X makes a shocked face. "It's crazy because you're 17 and I'm 22."

X died very recently, just last year.

I've been in the purgatory five years before he did. However, even if we're as old as each other if we're alive, in the end he still got to experience his life way longer than I did.

"Yeah, you're lucky because you haven't lasted too long yet, unlike me," I sadly explain, my voice fading out to a low mutter. "God doesn't even know my place yet."

The people with the most complicated lives, those in which the deities can't decide whether they belong in the underworld or the heavens stay in the purgatory. People in the purgatory are recruited to become cupids, but mostly it's not for long.

That's the usual. However, compared to the usual, I'm a very rare case. I've stayed in the purgatory for the longest.

When will they decide what's for me?

his pov.

"So, are we still continuing that blind date thing I told you about?" Hoseok asks for the third time today.

"I already told you, yes," I irritatedly told him. Stress has been piling up inside my head lately, so I wouldn't mind having to meet someone new. I mean, what could go wrong?

Well, Seohyung is kinda..

"Why the hell yes Park Jimin?! What's wrong with you? And it's frustrating that I can't even change your mind!" The weird girl who keeps following me shouts at me again, her voice ringing inside my ears.

"Shut up.." I mutter under my breath, covering my ear.

Why and how the hell do you even get a say in my life?

"What? Are you alright Jimin?" Hoseok asks, apparently concerned. Who wouldn't be if their friend starts acting like he's been haunted constantly?

She's here, hyung, she's right next to you.

"Can I meet this new girl tomorrow?" I suggest without thinking it over. Hoseok's worried expression immediately morphs into confusion. I gradually feel the back of my neck sweat along with my temples. I send him a look as a signal to change the topic but he doesn't seem to catch on right away.

"What the actual fuck Jimin?" The girl shouts all of a sudden. "I really want to be nice and let you off but you're just making me feel nothing but frustration since I got assigned to you yesterday! And to think that I can't even use my powers on you!"

Powers? What powers?

Ugh, I feel like suffocating in this place.