9| distant

something's gotta give, something's gotta break
but all i do is give and all you do is take
something's gotta change, but i know that it won't
no reason to stay, is a good reason to go
is a good reason to go

°°°
november 30 — friday

all day Jack has been pushing Finn away. or only when Noah was around. and Noah made it his job to constantly breath down Jack's neck. Finn found it really weird and took the whole thing into thought. he didn't like the possible reasons why Jack would rather be around Noah than him. all Finn would get was a quick hug and if lucky a quick peck on the cheek; before Jack ran off with Noah quickly in tow. and lunch wasn't any better. just when he thought that he was able to hold Jack next to him, the younger of the two would just remove himself from the hold and scoot closer to Jaeden.

ring!

the last school bell for the day had rang, making Finn snap out of his day dream and collect his things. he turned his head towards Jack and Sophia, watching them take their time getting their own items together. and just as he was about to head in that direction and get some time with his boyfriend, a figure had blocked his view.

Millie.

she was standing there with a bright smile placed against her face. she was rocking back and forth on her heels, with an envelope laced between her fingers. she messed with the corner of the envelope, before sticking her hand out obviously handing him the piece of paper. he looked at her oddly, hoping to get an explanation for such actions.

"i'm throwing a get together, maybe you would like to come? bring whoever you want...as many as you want. i don't have many friends" she sheepishly spoke, while a blush covered her cheeks. "my mom thought i could make friends before the holiday party we're throwing in a few weeks. so then i could invite those friends to the party. i mean you-" Finn's chuckle and hand had cut her off. she was rambling, which she found embarrassing so she blushed even harder.

Finn grabbed the invitation, before dropping his hand back down to his side. that goofy smile never leaving.

"i'll be there. don't worry about having to make new friends" he winked before shifting the bag on his shoulder and heading towards the classroom door. he walked out, forgetting all about Jack and wanting to hang with him. or that was until he came to face to face with said boy in the halls. the smaller boy didn't look pleased.

"hey baby, i was wo-" Finn was cut off by Jack crossing his arms and scoffing. Finn looked offended. "what's wrong with you?" he sassed.

"oh, nothing. just the fact that my boyfriend was caught flirting with the one girl he said he had no interest in" Jack explained his arms dropping and irritation clearly lacing his features.

"aw, is Jackie jealous?" Finn teased. he got closer to the younger boy and tried to grab for his hand, but Jack yanked it away. now Finn was seriously confused. "oh come on, you can't be serious?"

"i am. the only reason why we agreed to do this stupid deal, was because you wanted her to leave you alone. and now you two are all close and laughing" Jack presses further, pushing Finn back a few steps. the pale boy was truly shocked by Jack's sudden mood change. he was quiet and shy all day. what happened to him?

"can you keep your voice down?" Finn stated. "and i don't understand why you're suddenly all upset. Millie was just inviting me to a friendly get together" Finn explained getting frustrated himself.

"and you're not going" Jack finished before turning on his heel and beginning to walk away. Finn stood in his spot dumbfounded. he quickly regained himself though and ran after Jack. the two were in the school's parking lot.

"what's your problem? all day you've been pushing me away" Finn wondered.

"isn't that what i was supposed to do? i'm supposed to distant myself. i'm supposed distance myself from you" Jack said more calmly. Finn just sighed and got closer to the boy who seems to be sulking quietly. he wrapped his slender arms around Jack, the younger instantly melting into the touch. "i'm sorry. i just needed to find a reason to be mad at you. and seeing you with Millie...i took my shot" Jack mumbled.

"it's fine. you're fine. next time can you just say you wanna spend some time alone? i thought i was doing something wrong" Finn chuckled. Jack looked up from Finn's chest so the two locked eyes. the smaller boy nodded showing that he understood.

Finn dipped down hoping to get a kiss, but was stopped by Jack placing a hand up. Finn looked back hurt. he's been wanting a kiss all day. it's like he's been craving it.

"you're going to have to try harder than that Wolfhard" Jack giggled. Finn rolled his eyes at Jack's childish ways. and so grabbing both of Jack's wrists, he smashed his lips against the younger's. Jack didn't hesitate to give in and just wrapped his arms around Finn's neck. the pale boy sneakily placed his hands on Jack's waist, tickling it lightly. the smaller boy broke the kiss, a laugh escaping his lips. Finn smiled at the sight.

"do you wanna be my plus one to Millie's get together?" Finn asked. Jack eyes the older boy, his smile dropping a little. Finn noticed, making him cup Jack's cheeks. "don't worry. you'll be my focus the whole time" the reassuring words made Jack nod in content.

"i guess so."