7

<><>

I felt Dallas grabbing my arm; tight, pulling me with him. I didn't even look back to say goodbye to Emersyn, I was too embarrassed.
He kept pulling me along with him, making me move faster. Pulling me inside Bucks, swinging open the door. I tried snatching my arm out of his hand, but his hand keep clutching tighter, which hurts.

"Ow! Dallas!" I spat, trying to snatch my arm again. He didn't reply, not a single word, noise, nothing.

"Hey, hey!" Buck yelled calmly. "Let her go Dallas, she's fine." He finished.

"Stay out of it" Dallas spat, still not looking back. I knew I was in trouble, but just for being friends with that one person?!
He pulled me upstairs, dragging me into my room, glancing around my room, placing me on my bed.

"Wanna tell me about this..? Huh?" Dallas started, locking his eyes on me. He kneeled on the floor in front of me, as I sat on the bed.

I swallowed a big lump in my throat, not even bothering on looking up. Just staring down, fiddling with my thumbs.
I looked up, seeing Dallas still staring at me.

"... why does it concern you nowadays?" I managed to get out.

"It concerns me.. because it's my business" he said, trying to stay calm. "I told you, no Soc's"

"And why not? She was nice!" I fought. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Every Soc starts out nice, Holly. We don't like 'em, and they don't like us" he answered. "If you want to be a greaser, and act like one. I suggest you to go by the rules little lady.." he finished.

I didn't say anything. Like Emersyn, this rival between the Soc's and Greasers is pathetic, and I agree. I still had my arms crossed across my chest, letting a deep breath out of my nostrils.
I was mad as ever.

"You're starting school this coming Monday.." he said, thinking I understood what we talked about.

"Great.." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Today is Saturday, I'll leave some money to Buck.. so you could go out to the supply store and buy what you need" he said, looking calm. " Ignore any Soc's, got it..?"

I nodded. I didn't want too, but if Dallas seen me with another Soc, I'm afraid of what's going to happen. Will I possibly get it worse?

"Good.." he glanced around the room. "What's with the pink..?"

I looked up at Dallas. "The only paint I could find up in the attic.." I said low as ever.

He nodded, getting back up, gently taking ahold of my hand. I looked down, furrowing my brows, then back up at Dallas. He looked straight into my eyes, soft.

"I'm not doing this to torture you.. I seen what happen to teenagers nowadays." He began. "It ain't safe.. just trying to, yeah.. look out for you."

I moved over, having Dallas take a seat, looking slightly confused. "W-what do you mean?" I began, looking at Dallas. "What happened to them..?"

He sighed, looking down at the floor.
"Two-bit has a kid sister.. Jordyn." He began. "She has middle length hair, greenish eyes, kind of, I don't know too much about 'er." He paused. "But no matter how nice, no matter how sweet or kindhearted she was.. she'd still get jumped by those damn Soc's.." he grit through his teeth, mentioning Soc's. He looked over. "That's why I'm trying to keep you safe.. I don't want you getting hurt, taking control of. I can see how those people can change. I promise you blondie.. I know these things. I've been around, a lot."