19

"It wasn't my intention to kiss her," Soda argued as he pushed Dallas off of him. Dallas was giving Soda a stony glare, his cold eyes that show hatred for the world was giving him chills. "I was drunk that night and don't remember one thing that happened. So don't try anything on me, Winston."

I was so confused at first what the hell was going on as my brother stomped in the room randomly. I flicked my eyes between them, as everything fell into silence. Chills started to send throughout my nerves, as I knew this wasn't going to be good. Trust me, a part of me was thankful that Dallas walked in just in time to save myself from ranting to Soda to what he really wanted me to say. My hands were pressed up against the surface of the counter to where I'm sitting, with small tiny rocks digging into my hands. I ignored the uncomfortable feeling, but in this situation, I was way more uncomfortable.

I was shocked at Soda's response. If you heard some nonsense like that, then something must've bad happened to where he would even think of laying a hand on a glass of alcohol. Darry is strict enough to put him under ground rules about alcohol.

"You were drunk?" I questioned, forcing the words out from the back of my throat, finding it hard to believe. It was also hard to believe with Soda kissing another girl, but Dallas's girl, Sylvia? My heart was shattered, as if someone stomped all over it. The tears in my eyes were wanting to escape, but not in front of my brother. You never cry in front of Dallas Winston.

"I don't believe it, not one bit of it." Dally responded to no one in particular. I glanced at Dallas, his eyes were fuming in anger. He trailed his eyes onto me. "Go home, Holly. I mean it." I ignored it, knowing he was going to do something bad if I left.

"You don't believe me?" Soda repeated, in an 'are-you-serious' tone. "You're talking about something that's being brought up from a few years ago?"

"Yeah, something I didn't know about?" Dallas grabbed Soda's shirt once again, but more quicker this time before anyone could blink. "You sonofabitch you're lucky my fists isn't knockin' the tar outta' you right now-"

"Dallas, stop it!" I argued, glaring at Dallas. I hopped off the counter, trying to pull Dallas's arm away with all the force I could give.

"The hell is goin' on back here?" Steve asked curiously, glancing around the room as he walked in. I seen his eyes lock right onto Soda and Dallas. Dallas had his fist holding in the air, glaring in anger at Soda, wanting to punch the daylights out of him as I tried to pull his arm back from preventing it.

"None of your business, Randle!" Dallas yelled as he still had his eyes locked onto Soda.

"Oh for the love of god, Dallas!" Steve rolled his eyes as he walked over, pulling Dallas's arm out of Soda's face, stepping beside me. "What the hell is wrong with you? I could hear all of this nonsense outside through this thin brick wall! Lucky enough the customer I'm dealin' with was a cop for the state police, thankfully he didn't have the ears like I did to hear this nonsense or else he would've barged in here and done somethin' we wouldn't have liked."

Everything went silence. The tension in the room grew bigger and bigger to where nobody had said anything, not one word. I was too scared to look at the fuming expression plastered all over my brothers face, but I've never been this confused. Of course I was angry, but I didn't show it. I could feel myself get angrier each second to where I just wanted to storm right out of here and make my way back to the Curtis house to talk to Pony, or just someone. Someone besides Soda, for once.

I balled my fist to where I got sick of Soda giving me mixed emotions. This back and forth situation was driving me insane to where i cant stand it. He took me to the train tracks to make it up, he kissed me, we found out Sandy was pregnant, he wanted to marry her out of the blue and leave me behind, said he loved me again, then loved sandy.. again, now kissed another girl? I couldn't keep in my tears inside anymore.

"I cant take this anymore," I said lowly, quickly walking out the entrance of the garage. I could hear Soda's faint voice calling my name as I walked farther away, but I chose to ignore it. I walked passed a guy standing in front of the register, waiting to be waited on as I made my way out the door in front of the DX. I didn't take one look at him, I was that focused on getting out of there. I stopped in my tracks right in front of the gasoline pumps as I took a deep breath and ran both of my hands through my hair in frustration. I gasped for a breath as I started crying silently at this point. Why does everything have to be so confusing?

"Holly," I heard a soft voice behind me spoke lowly but yet quietly to where only I could be able to hear. I knew it was Soda, and I didn't want him to be near me right now. "Please, let me explain."

I shaked my head as I closed my eyes, feeling more of my tears starting to run down my cheek. I crossed my arms against my chest as I gasped for air again, letting another tear slip out. I slowly opened my eyes, and glanced at the cars driving by.

"Just leave me alone," I said as my voice cracked. "Just go, I'm just a joke to you after all, is that it?"

"Holly, please I just need to explain."

"Just leave!" I shouted, turning around to face Soda. He looked at me, feeling so hurt. He hated when I cry, he hated when I was upset. "I don't want to hear anymore. I'm so sick of being wrapped around your finger constantly when you clearly love someone else. I just can't keep being lead on like this."

He glanced straight at me as he came to a realization that he felt guilty. It's like he finally realized how I truly felt, and he didn't know exactly what to say.

"Soda," I said as I looked at him in the eye, taking a few steps closer towards him, wiping the dry tears underneath my eyes, taking in a deep breath. "You've got to understand that life isn't fair, it really isn't. I liked you from the start, but when you're wanting Sandy and hearin' about kissin' another broad, I just can't keep going on the merry-go-round anymore. It's no fun."

"Please don't go," Soda whispered in a brittle voice. He extended his hand to where it relaxed his on my cheek, brushing his thumb against my cheek. "Please, I love you and don't want anyone else but you. I just want to explain everything."

I softly grabbed his wrist, moving it away from my face. "It's hard for me to trust you at this point, Soda. But I'm going to give myself more time. I really need it." I said truthfully, looking at Soda again. His tears were making it difficult for me to leave him here, and it was certainly difficult to look at him like this.

I backed up a few steps, turning around to face the opposite way as I faced my back towards him. It was hard for me to look back as I hooked my thumbs into the belt hole of my jeans. I could hear the slamming of the DX doors from behind me, which made my lips start to tremble at the fact of everything that happened. I runned a hand through my hair to where it laid on the right side of my shoulder. I kept walking to where I stopped in front of the stop sign, waiting for the line of cars to pass by. I glanced over my shoulder, looking at my reflection in the coffee shop window. I saw the small black streaks of my mascara on my cheeks, ignoring the fact that it was even there. Inside, I saw two people in the corner, which seemed like a romantic date. But that's not all of it, the one person I recognized was Sandy.

••

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter !! I promise to keep updating soon, I totally forgot I had a saved draft of this chapter on here from awhile ago, and decided to change it around a bit and post it for you guys !! I was too focused on my other books I've been working on from my other accounts.

if you want to follow my Instagram accounts, my fan account is [ xxtheoutsidersxx , and my main is _emmx14 ]

see you guys next chapter !!