05: Torso Case (Part 3)

Yuuki's POV

I woke up early the next day to get a quinque. Good thing Seven reminded me yesterday. I took a shower then get dressed into a black button up long sleeve and a black cotton skirt that's reaching in my mid thigh.

I put on my black knee length socks. Yeah, I'm a big fan of black and white. I hate bright colors but red is an exception, I can still tolerate that color.

I throw on the white coat identical to Tooru's and left it unbuttoned. I slip in my shoes and head downstairs. Hopefully none of them should be awake and boy was I wrong.

It's now the day 15 of the Torso Investigation. Since the encounter with Donato Porpora I haven't interacted with Haise, it's not like I have the chance to do so. I know I said I will team up with them yet here I am, hanging out with the gang and barely come home.

I'm still leaving notes in Haise's door with the clues in it, at least I'm helping. I'm not mad at him, really. I got over that. I'm telling the truth, there's just no chance to talk to him. Yeah...

I'm chatting with Tooru though. Actually, after that encounter with Porpora, we became more closer to each other. He's not that nervous around me anymore, let's just say we're friends now.

At the hallway, I passed by Urie and Shirazu "Where are you going?" I heard Urie asked. Wow, what did he ate? Or did he finally decided to become a more responsible squad leader? "I'm gonna get a quinque, how 'bout ya?" I continue walking to the front door aware that they're trailing behind me.

"Same" oh yeah, they broke the last one at the Kobayashi incident. I ignore them then exited the house. I waited for Seven to pick me up since he said it's dangerous to ride a taxi alone, Shirazu would probably give Urie a ride on his motorcycle.

A few minutes later, a Lamborghini stopped in front of me. I hop inside the car and Seven starts driving "Why do you always wear that kind of clothes?" He suddenly asked, I turn to him with raised eyebrow "Excuse me?" He glance at me then back at the road "I mean, you always dress like a student" he explained.

"Well, I'm supposed to be still a student" I retorted, after that silence covered us again. It's not the kind of awkward silence, it's a comfortable one.

Hmm, I'm bored. How long is it until we reach the CCG building? I don't remember it being far. I tap my fingers in my arms out of boredom.

"You don't look so happy in that place" Seven stated, breaking the quiet atmosphere.

I stare at him then to my lap "You're right, it's not just as fun as is it back in the base. If it wasn't just because of my purpose in joining this stupid anti-ghoul organization then I would have been with my own organization having fun instead" I replied.

"How about this. In order to enjoy your stay in there, don't be too focused in achieving that purpose of yours. You need to loosen up a bit" I snorted when he said that "No way, I came here for that purpose so all I need to do is achieve it fast so I can go back to Anonymous Z" I stubbornly replied.

I might be hooked up in catching Torso but I won't forget about my purpose that easily. I'm not like Shirazu who joined the Squad for money nor am I like Urie who seek to surpass everyone. I have greater reasons than that and it's far more complicated.

"I know you would say that, but I believe that's not the only problem here" I nibble my lower lip then look out the window "Its nothing" he doesn't need to get more involved in my problems, I don't want to drag him.

The truth is, I'm still feeling a little down about what Haise said. Those kind of things don't usually affect me but this one is different. I also feel sad because I can't properly face him like before without looking away.